How to downgrade your firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to downgrade your firmware

There are instructions here to downgrade your firmware if your hub is updated to a version newer than 4.15.201 and therefore breaks the plugin's access to it.

https://community.logitech.com/s/que...armony-firmare

Hope this gets resolved. I was literally about to purchase a harmony hub to sync with homeseer. I'm wondering if I would be able to ignore the firmware update and get my home theater setup without the hub updating?

Comment

You might be able to, I'm not sure, but at this point I've halted sales of the plugin until I can get this resolved. I won't sell a plugin I'm not sure will work when you purchase it.

Comment

Originally posted by coakley View Post
        Hope this gets resolved. I was literally about to purchase a harmony hub to sync with homeseer. I'm wondering if I would be able to ignore the firmware update and get my home theater setup without the hub updating?
        It seems unlikely. When you plug in a new (new to you) hub, the first step of the PC setup is for it to update its firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          You might be able to, I'm not sure, but at this point I've halted sales of the plugin until I can get this resolved. I won't sell a plugin I'm not sure will work when you purchase it.
          I appreciate that, and I certainly don't blame you at all in any of this. This is just more proof that there are a lot of things these days that you buy, but don't really own (talking about the hub).

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

I appreciate that, and I certainly don't blame you at all in any of this. This is just more proof that there are a lot of things these days that you buy, but don't really own (talking about the hub).
            I've always tried to make it known that this was an unofficial way to communicate with the hubs and that it could break anytime, but still, I fell like crap that within a year of releasing the plugin after years of this communication method working, they break it...LOL

Comment

Downgraded worked perfectly...took me back to .193, I originally had .201 on one remote that still worked and .206 on the one that didn't.

Comment

I did the downgrade too. Yes ! It worked. But How does one prevent an auto-sync from occurring ?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesG1260 View Post
                  I did the downgrade too. Yes ! It worked. But How does one prevent an auto-sync from occurring ?
                  I blocked my hubs from talking to the Internet. The only way they could get updated (as far as I know) is if i sync from the iOS app or a PC. I will leave mine alone so they do not require syncing.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Just FYI, I only tried on one (of my two). When I open the myharmony app on my PC, it says one is a Harmony Ultimate, the other is a Harmony Ultimate Home. On their web they look identical, but the firmware app process does not have the "harmony ultimate" as an option... and none of the options I pick see the hub.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                      Just FYI, I only tried on one (of my two). When I open the myharmony app on my PC, it says one is a Harmony Ultimate, the other is a Harmony Ultimate Home. On their web they look identical, but the firmware app process does not have the "harmony ultimate" as an option... and none of the options I pick see the hub.
                      The Ultimate Home should work for sure. I think I may have had to click restore once for it to be found, then again to actually restore it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	1267359
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	1267362

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	11.9 KB ID:	1267361

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I blocked my hubs from talking to the Internet. The only way they could get updated (as far as I know) is if i sync from the iOS app or a PC. I will leave mine alone so they do not require syncing.
                        Can you share... did you Block the IPs or specific ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Can you share... did you Block the IPs or specific ports?
                          I blocked all three hubs (fixed) IPs from accessing the Internet. My router rule drops all WAN requests for all protocols. It is the same rule I apply to my Chinese security cameras My router is Ubiquiti, but pfSense can do the same. I’m not sure about other routers.

Comment

Mine worked fine when I first blocked them, but now the remotes become completely unresponsive for a minute or three every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                              Mine worked fine when I first blocked them, but now the remotes become completely unresponsive for a minute or three every now and then.
                              I have noticed this as well... Which that alone kinda pisses me off. So they're saying if for some reason my internet goes down for days at a time (say after a Hurricane), my remote becomes useless? That's some major BS right there. There is no reason for these remotes to become unresponsive just because they've had a long term internet outage.

Comment

Working...
                              X