Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech Local API Access - How to get the current version of the plugin to work

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Local API Access - How to get the current version of the plugin to work

Logitech has decided to support the HA community and gave us back XMPP access. I'm super happy to hear this and I hope in the future we can truly call them our partners in the HA community. Please follow the instructions below to install firmware x.210 on your hubs to get the plugin to work again. I have another discussion on what I will do with the plugin, but for now, you can follow these instructions. I have not tested them, but if they re-enable XMPP, it should work just fine:

P.S. I am updating one of my hubs now to test to be sure.

I have verified that .210 works with the plugin currently in the updater.

Comment

Working for me too with my two hubs

Comment

The power of team work..... Happy holidays

Comment

Is this something that is a gradual roll out? I am not seeing anything referring step 3 and dev firmware.

Nevermind. reinstalled a fresh copy of myharmony

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
            Is this something that is a gradual roll out? I am not seeing anything referring step 3 and dev firmware.
            No, it should be there.

Comment

I had to download and reinstall the desktop software as mine hadn't been updated since 2016.

EDIT: I see you found it.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, with all the uninstalls/reinstalls/does this cable work, I finally got it.

I want to thank Frank for the frantic work he has put into this fiasco. Once the holidays are over (or if i am not busy this weekend) I will be buying your plugin for full price. Thank you for the mad scramble.

Comment

Randy, with all the uninstalls/reinstalls/does this cable work, I finally got it.

I want to thank Frank for the frantic work he has put into this fiasco. Once the holidays are over (or if i am not busy this weekend) I will be buying your plugin for full price. Thank you for the mad scramble.
                  AGreed. i'm still on the old plugin and need to upgrade anyway... will definitely be Frank's with all the work over the last couple of days. thanks!!!

Comment

I am having difficulty updating the firmware. I hit ALT-F9, scroll down to the end of the page and select Update Firmware, i plug in the hub but never get an install button.
                    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                      I am having difficulty updating the firmware. I hit ALT-F9, scroll down to the end of the page and select Update Firmware, i plug in the hub but never get an install button.
                      I just went through this. Make sure you have the screen fully maximized or the install button will be hidden off to the right. Took me about 20 minutes to figure that one out

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

On a Mac, the Install button is always there just grayed out until the hub is connected and booted.
                        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Same here as Kenm said. But on windows.

but had to press Alt+f9 before the login page

Comment

I just did it on a Mac and it worked fine, after I figured out where the upgrade actually was.

If it can see the hub it should work and, it does fix the comms problem so far as I can tell.

K.

Comment

Working here. Thanks.
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X