Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech Local API Access - How to get the current version of the plugin to work

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far my hub is still working on the .210. So I guess Logitech hasn't pulled the plug on the .210 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I didn't even know there was a new beta, but I will look into it.
      Ooops.... sorry. I meant YOUR beta was new to me.....
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I've read through this and another post on the subject. It is not clear to me. Should I update to the latest MeiHarmonyHub beta for HomeSeer or the Harmony firmware beta?

I updated MeiHarmonyHub to 3.1.0.7 in HomeSeer. My hubs don't appear to be working but I haven't looked at them that closely yet. Figured I should find out if I need to update to beta firmware of if the plug-in beta is expected to fix even without the firmware beta.

I'm guess I need to update the firmware beta but that will have to wait until I am actually home. I am in the same boat at ewkearns. I have been on vacation for 3 weeks and came back home to none of the IR control working.

Comment

You don't have to update the plugin (though you probably should). You do have to update the hub firmware to .210.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
            I'm guess I need to update the firmware beta but that will have to wait until I am actually home.
            It is a fairly painless process once you get your computer to recognize the Harmony Hub via USB. I haven't tested mine, yet, but I'm no longer getting any errors in the log... so all you really need to do is roll back the firmware and you'll be fine...
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Ooops.... sorry. I meant YOUR beta was new to me.....
              Oh, that just added network Discovery of hubs on your network. I put it out as beta so people could test it first before I put it out for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
                I've read through this and another post on the subject. It is not clear to me. Should I update to the latest MeiHarmonyHub beta for HomeSeer or the Harmony firmware beta?

I updated MeiHarmonyHub to 3.1.0.7 in HomeSeer. My hubs don't appear to be working but I haven't looked at them that closely yet. Figured I should find out if I need to update to beta firmware of if the plug-in beta is expected to fix even without the firmware beta.

I'm guess I need to update the firmware beta but that will have to wait until I am actually home. I am in the same boat at ewkearns. I have been on vacation for 3 weeks and came back home to none of the IR control working.
                Your hub has to be on .210 in order for it to work with this plugin. I"ve put instructions in the first post on this thread. As long as you have that technically any version of the plugin will work. You don't have to go to 3.1.0.7 unless you want to test out network discovery for adding hubs (instead of manually adding them by IP). I would suggest you be on at least 3.1.0.6 (newest normal release).

Comment

I am a bit confused. I have a harmony hub but do not have the remote control hardware. There is no usb port on it to connect to computer. Not sure how to update the hub software to .210? I have the android app for the harmony hub and it works fine but haven't found a selection to change hub software version. Any help is much appreciated...Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                    I am a bit confused. I have a harmony hub but do not have the remote control hardware. There is no usb port on it to connect to computer. Not sure how to update the hub software to .210? I have the android app for the harmony hub and it works fine but haven't found a selection to change hub software version. Any help is much appreciated...Rick
                    Where you plug the power into the hub is the USB port. It has a micro USB plug. As far as I know, all hubs come with a MicroUSB (male) to USB-A cable (male). If you don't have oen you'll have to find one.

Once you have it, you hook it up to your computer and then follow the directions in the original post.

Comment

OK, I have a microsoft surface pro with windows 10 on it. I downloaded and opened the current myharmony software and it comes up fine. At the login screen before login I hit alt f9 and nothing happens. No other screen comes up. I also tried logging into the app and logged in ok but again when I selected alt f9 nothing happens. Fuether help is much appreciated...Rick

Comment

You may need to uninstall my Harmony and install the newest version if you don't have it. I woul didn't add from Logitech website and reinstall just to be sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I just did a fresh download today from logitech website. First time it has been loaded on my computer? Fuether help is much appreciated...Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                            OK, I have a microsoft surface pro with windows 10 on it. I downloaded and opened the current myharmony software and it comes up fine. At the login screen before login I hit alt f9 and nothing happens. No other screen comes up. I also tried logging into the app and logged in ok but again when I selected alt f9 nothing happens. Fuether help is much appreciated...Rick
                            If you are using surface type cover, are you sure you have the Fn on? Also that update firmware screen comes up after some delay so it's kind of slow. I have a Surface Pro 5th gen and it does work on mine no problem.

Comment

How long do you need to wait for the screen to come up. Am I correct in assuming the fn key needs to be on and then you do alt +f9? Thanks much....Rick

Comment

I hit alt F9 repeatedly while the splash screen is up till the firmware screen comes up. If the remote gallery screen comes up, you've already missed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X