Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech Local API Access - How to get the current version of the plugin to work

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks joegr and phoenix,
    I don't use the fn function key hardly at all and forgot that it needs to be on to use function keys. Also the screen came up pretty fast and downoad worked perfectly. All is working now. Thanks much....Rick

Comment

so whats the deal with Websockets support? is this planned?

there is a websockets library available here https://github.com/jlynch630/Harmony.NET

I have purchased using the 50% discount code to replace the other Harmony plugin, but the problem is that i cannot upgrade one of my three hubs to v2.10 as the USB port is buggered as a usb, but does provide power.

it would be better form a security standpoint using websockets rather than XMPP. what is going to be the path taken with this plugin longer term?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
        so whats the deal with Websockets support? is this planned?

there is a websockets library available here https://github.com/jlynch630/Harmony.NET

I have purchased using the 50% discount code to replace the other Harmony plugin, but the problem is that i cannot upgrade one of my three hubs to v2.10 as the USB port is buggered as a usb, but does provide power.

it would be better form a security standpoint using websockets rather than XMPP. what is going to be the path taken with this plugin longer term?
        So some things:

1) Logitech has said that it is not an official communication method. Which means tomorrow it could be gone.
        2) I know of that project and you'll notice that I was heavily involved in it until they added XMPP back in.
        3) I do plan on adding Web Sockets but it's priority is lower now mainly because of #1
        4) From a security perspective, XMPP is a lot more secure than WebSockets as a technology. Even if you were to use web sockets instead of XMPP, XMPP would still be enabled on the hub.

This week I am on a tight deadline at work. This week I m working 14-15 hour days and it will likely continue through the weekend. Like I said, I do plan on adding in support, but I need/want to be very thoughtful about how I do it so that nothing breaks for XMPP.

(i don't mean the above to sound snarky or anything, just short on time and trying to lay it out)

Comment

... the problem is that i cannot upgrade one of my three hubs to v2.10 as the USB port is buggered as a usb, but does provide power...
          You could replace that hub with a refurbished one for $35.
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Ha...72.m2749.l2649

I would then save the messed up one. It should become usable again when Logitech comes up with the next firmware version where XMPP can be selectively enabled.

Comment

Not sure what's going on now. I have 3107 and 410 installed on the hub and everything is synced. I'm still getting the errors.
            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
              Not sure what's going on now. I have 3107 and 410 installed on the hub and everything is synced. I'm still getting the errors.
              Can you start a new thread and include the support information from the about page in HS3 and any logging (checking Debug Logging and providing the file it produces is preferred over a copy/past from the HS3 log screen)

To get support information: Tools -> About Homeseer -> Click "Display Details for Support" -> Copy paste the section under "MESSAGE BOARD".
              To turn on debug logging: Plugins -> MeiHarmonyHub -> General Configuration -> check "Debug logging"
              To get log file: Goto [HS3 install directory]/Logs/ and grab MeiHarmonyHub.Log

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                (i don't mean the above to sound snarky or anything, just short on time and trying to lay it out)
                ​​​​​​I completely understand. The Time Vs Reward for Homeseer plugins ain't exactly there. I'm not 100% fussed at the moment with that hub for automation, I can wait. but the backtrack communication from Logitech is still implies is still going to be temporary and is unsupported and breaks any warranty.

As for websockets being more insecure. I thought Logitech's implementation was authenticated? Whereas XMPP wasn't.

Comment

​​​​​​I completely understand. The Time Vs Reward for Homeseer plugins ain't exactly there. I'm not 100% fussed at the moment with that hub for automation, I can wait. but the backtrack communication from Logitech is still implies is still going to be temporary and is unsupported and breaks any warranty.

As for websockets being more insecure. I thought Logitech's implementation was authenticated? Whereas XMPP wasn't.
                  Their method for authenticating the WebSocket Stream is a joke. You basically just send in the RemoteID from the discovery message when opening the connection. It doesn't actually use your credentials at all. The XMPP used to, where you had to authenticate outside the network, but you could still connect locally. They also blocked access to their authentication servers, so even though people were authenticating, they made it less secure by removing that option.

As to Time Vs. Reward. I am psyched to do the WebSockets, but this week I just can't do anything. I've been at work since 8 and won't stop till 11 or 12 (I work from home so at least no drive home). It will be like this all this week and perhaps even this weekend.

Comment

Got it to work again on my one Hub. The most important one in my theater room. But I have 5 more. Thinking I might wait till they fix this for the rest.

Comment

Working...
                    X