Actions dont work in HSTOUCH Screen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actions dont work in HSTOUCH Screen??

It seems to work perfect in the web interface of Homeseer, However, when i configure a button to use in an HSTOUCH screen, it doesnt work?!!
    all im looking to do is use an activity?!
    if i click the activity in the Homeseer web page to watch TV< it works perfect, I assigned a button in an HSTOUCH screen for watch TV< and it doesnt work
    Any help would be awesome, thanks all

I haven't yet tried using the plugin with HStouch, but...
    As a work around, could you try making an event that does what you want, and then triggering that event from HStouch?

Comment

I'm not overly familiar with HSTouch. When you said you assigned a button, what device did you attach it to? Was it the Activity device with the dropdown or did you create a "Voice control" device* and use that?

*Voice Control Device - this is a term for a device my plugin can create where you have a device with on/off that you can use for controlling via Google Home or Alexa. It is tied to only 1 activity.

Comment

You can set up an HStouch button to control a device with multiple values, not just on and off. Theoretical example below:

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
          You can set up an HStouch button to control a device with multiple values, not just on and off. Theoretical example below:
          Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with HSTouch at all. I was pretty sure you could, but wanted to make sure I knew exactly how thetaz01 did it when I try and reproduce tonight.

That screenshot will probably help me out a lot tonight

Comment

thetaz01 - I use HSTouch to select activities with the plugin all the time so something else is wrong. Can you try a quick test? Change your HSTouch button to control something else like a lamp just to make sure the button is working. Do you see any messages in the log when you press (or release) the button?

sirmeili - I have a complete remote implemented in HSTouch so I'd be happy to help with this one.

Ken
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
              thetaz01 - I use HSTouch to select activities with the plugin all the time so something else is wrong. Can you try a quick test? Change your HSTouch button to control something else like a lamp just to make sure the button is working. Do you see any messages in the log when you press (or release) the button?

sirmeili - I have a complete remote implemented in HSTouch so I'd be happy to help with this one.

Ken
              Awesome Thank you, sir

Comment

Ken
                kenm huh, weird, it was as simple as that! i tried reusing the old buttons from the OLD Harmony plug in, and just changing the devices,, for some reason it didnt work, as soon as i used a new button, and re-assinged it all it works fine thanks so much for the quick resolve

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

kenm huh, weird, it was as simple as that! i tried reusing the old buttons from the OLD Harmony plug in, and just changing the devices,, for some reason it didnt work, as soon as i used a new button, and re-assinged it all it works fine thanks so much for the quick resolve
                  I'm really happy to hear you figured it out and kudos to kenm for the assist!

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

Unfortunately, these "anomalies" are far too common with the HSTouch Designer. I've run into the same thing when trying to copy an element from one project to another and even when copying elements from one screen to another within the same project. HSTouch is not for the faint-at-heart but with 5x iPad touchscreens I'm way too invested at this point to move to anything else.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Happy to help,
                    Ken
                    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Unfortunately, these "anomalies" are far too common with the HSTouch Designer. I've run into the same thing when trying to copy an element from one project to another and even when copying elements from one screen to another within the same project. HSTouch is not for the faint-at-heart but with 5x iPad touchscreens I'm way too invested at this point to move to anything else.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Happy to help,
                      Ken
                      Hey Ken.,
                      yeah i coudlnt agree more..
                      thanks so much for the help
                      HS designer, is great, BUT def very buggy,
                      Wish they would put more development into it..
                      its a great tool,
                      I too have two ipads, and 3 Raspberry Pi's
                      hey you wouldn't happen to have any nest cameras, and getting live feeds from the links on your HS touch screens are ya?
                      fred

Comment

Sometimes, you have to directly edit the xml file to find and fix the problem.

Comment

Sometimes, you have to directly edit the xml file to find and fix the problem.
                          thats a great, thought... I did look at the XML, i am a network Engineer by trade, far from a Web developer.. the XML doesnt look proper to me, but that could just be my limited knowledge...
                          here is the Pasted code i put in from nest link

Stretched</ImageFormatSelected>
                          <BackColor>16777215</BackColor>
                          <BackColorSelected>16777215</BackColorSelected>
                          <_BorderStyle>None</_BorderStyle>
                          <_IsHTML>true</_IsHTML>
                          <_AllowNavigation>false</_AllowNavigation>
                          <_HonorAllReleases>false</_HonorAllReleases>
                          <_Visible>true</_Visible>
                          <Text>&lt;iframe src="https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/XXXXXXXXXXX" frameborder="200" width="480" height="394"&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;</Text>
                          </wp>
                          <HS_Status_Ref_Sel>0</HS_Status_Ref_Sel>

The text i pasted into hsdesigner, was this
                          <iframe src="https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/XXXXXXXXX" frameborder="200" width="480" height="394"></iframe>
                          Not sure why above in the actual XML file is has all those weird characters after <text> and at the end
                          but again not a web designer, any help would be awesome.
                          Please be aware of course for my security , i replaced the actual link with XXXXXX's

thanks
                          Fred

Comment

Do your cameras support snap shots? To get video with mine, I just use the snapshot address and refresh it very often.

Comment

Do your cameras support snap shots? To get video with mine, I just use the snapshot address and refresh it very often.
                              No, i can only get a live stream from nest, which i would prefer... :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X