Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.1.0.6 INFO: Plugin start is pending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.1.0.6 INFO: Plugin start is pending

    Updated plugin to 3.1.0.6 today, now in plugin management page it shows "INFO: Plugin start is pending"
    Anybody having the same problem? Can I try 3.1.0.5 back?

    [Update] Installed Beta 3.1.0.7 - same. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT

    The only problem I can see in the log - it shows the message twice:
    Jan-12 20:25:58 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MeiHarmonyHub
    Jan-12 20:23:24 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MeiHarmonyHub

  • #2
    [Update] I fixed this problem in my plugin by changing Target framework to .NET Framework 4.5 from default 4.6.1
    Which one are you targeting?

    Comment


    • #3
      Alex changing the target was just a big enough change to get you through the issue. Nothing wrong with targeting 4.6.1. You probably aren’t updating your version number each test (you should). When Hs gets stuck like that a reboot addresses it in my experience

      Comment


      • #4
        How are you changing the target framework?
        Thanks,
        Frank

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          How are you changing the target framework?
          Its a compiler setting.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bsobel View Post

            Its a compiler setting.
            I understand that. He is in my forum, for my product talking about compiling. I have never offered up the source for my product, so I would like to know why, if at all, it is being decompliled and recompiled. <!--- Edit: for the snarkiness... I misread what was going on. Too many hours at work this week and no day off until next Saturday
            Thanks,
            Frank

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Updated plugin to 3.1.0.6 today, now in plugin management page it shows "INFO: Plugin start is pending"
              Anybody having the same problem? Can I try 3.1.0.5 back?

              [Update] Installed Beta 3.1.0.7 - same. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT

              The only problem I can see in the log - it shows the message twice:
              Please note that the only change between 3.1.0.5 and 3.1.0.6 was to change the encoding for deserialization of messages. I'm not sure why that would stop unless your message has issues.

              I should be targeting 4.6.1 (or 4.6.2), but not sure why or how you are changing the target for my code unless you decompiled and are recompiling it. <!--- Edit: for the snarkiness... I misread what was going on. Too many hours at work this week and no day off until next Saturday
              Thanks,
              Frank

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

                I understand that. He is in my forum, for my product talking about compiling. I have never offered up the source for my product, so I would like to know why, if at all, it is being decompliled and recompiled.
                Alex is developing his own plugin which has nothing to do with yours. He ran into the problem with his plugin not starting and mistakenly thought the .NET version changed fixed the issue. He said "I fixed this problem in my plugin by changing" The my plugin is not an instance of your work but of his own. He was just trying to be helpful...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bsobel View Post

                  Alex is developing his own plugin which has nothing to do with yours. He ran into the problem with his plugin not starting and mistakenly thought the .NET version changed fixed the issue. He said "I fixed this problem in my plugin by changing" The my plugin is not an instance of your work but of his own. He was just trying to be helpful...
                  Ok..sorry about that....I've worked over 70 hours this week at my day job and I'm a bit jumpy..... 5 straight days of 15+ hours and 2 more to go

                  Sorry @alexbk66!!! If you want 3.1.0.5 I can dig it out for you!
                  Thanks,
                  Frank

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    FYI, HS generally retains retired installer versions

                    https://homeseer.com//updates3rd3/Me...ub_3.1.0.5.zip

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                      FYI, HS generally retains retired installer versions

                      https://homeseer.com//updates3rd3/Me...ub_3.1.0.5.zip
                      I did not know that. cool

                      And thank you
                      Thanks,
                      Frank

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks guys, so Bill, you reckon .NET version has got nothing to do with the problem? I did change my plugin version - didn't help. But changing .NET to 4.5 helped. You think I should change it back? I'll try.

                        But for MeiHarmonyHub I still have:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1275564

                        I will try 3.1.0.5.zip

                        So nobody else had this problem?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [Update]
                          1. I updated back my plugin to .NET 4.6.1 - still works.
                          2. Installed MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.5 - still doesn't work.

                          I contacted HS support, waiting for reply.

                          What I noticed, when I install MeiHarmonyHub - in the plugin management page it stays at "installing plugin" until I refresh the page, but in the log it says
                          Install/Update of package MeiHarmonyHub was successful

                          So something is not quite right.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                            [Update]
                            1. I updated back my plugin to .NET 4.6.1 - still works.
                            2. Installed MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.5 - still doesn't work.

                            I contacted HS support, waiting for reply.

                            What I noticed, when I install MeiHarmonyHub - in the plugin management page it stays at "installing plugin" until I refresh the page, but in the log it says
                            Install/Update of package MeiHarmonyHub was successful

                            So something is not quite right.
                            what version of HS3?
                            Thanks,
                            Frank

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              3.0.0.478

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X