No announcement yet.

3.1.0.6 INFO: Plugin start is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support suggested to repair HS installation, which didn't help. Kind of expected.

Comment

Further investigation... Disabled most plugins. So in log:

Code:
      Jan-14 10:26:54         Plug-In    Found plug-in: Z-Wave, version: 3.0.2.240
      Jan-14 10:26:54         Plug-In    Found plug-in: [B]MeiHarmonyHub[/B], version: 3.1.0.6
      Jan-14 10:26:53         Plug-In    Found plug-in: EasyTrigger, version: 3.0.0.55
      Jan-14 10:26:53         Plug-In    Found plug-in: AK Smart Device, version: 1.0.0.2
      Code:
      Jan-14 10:26:54         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in [B]MeiHarmonyHub[/B]
      Jan-14 10:26:54         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in AK Smart Device
      Jan-14 10:26:54         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in EasyTrigger
      Jan-14 10:26:54         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in Z-Wave
      At this stage I guess HS starts all found plugins and waits for connection, so plugin calls "Connect"
      Code:
      Jan-14 10:26:55         Info    Plugin AK Smart Device has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65512
      Jan-14 10:26:55         Info    Plugin Z-Wave has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65500
      Jan-14 10:26:55         Info    Plugin EasyTrigger has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65502
      And now HS calls "InitIO":
      Code:
      Jan-14 10:27:01         Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin Z-Wave ...
      Jan-14 10:27:00         Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin AK Smart Device ...
      Jan-14 10:26:59         Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin EasyTrigger ...
      Code:
      Jan-14 10:27:01         Starting Plug-In    Plugin Z-Wave started successfully in 630 milliseconds
      Jan-14 10:27:00         Starting Plug-In    Plugin AK Smart Device started successfully in 446 milliseconds
      Jan-14 10:26:59         Starting Plug-In    Plugin EasyTrigger started successfully in 24 milliseconds

Comment

I found the problem - after reinstalling whole system - which was just a waste of time - support is useless as always, but I'm not surprised.

The solution was as simple as starting the plugin exe from command prompt and observing the problem. Which was CommandLine.dll - you are using old version 1.9.71.2, and alexdresko HSPI template uses 2.3.0.0 - so there's a conflict!

I rebuilt my plugin using your version - now they both work.

BUT - this is a temporary solution. Question is - how to avoid this king of conflicts in the future?

Comment

And shouldn't HS catch plugin start-up errors and at least log them?!

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            I found the problem - after reinstalling whole system - which was just a waste of time - support is useless as always, but I'm not surprised.

The solution was as simple as starting the plugin exe from command prompt and observing the problem. Which was CommandLine.dll - you are using old version 1.9.71.2, and alexdresko HSPI template uses 2.3.0.0 - so there's a conflict!

BUT - this is a temporary solution. Question is - how to avoid this king of conflicts in the future?
            Do you have CommandLine.dll in the root of the HS folder? If so, that is bad practice for exactly that reason. Create a plugin specific folder under the Bin folder and have the .config file point to it. That way multiple plugins can use different versions of the same DLLs.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Never ever ever put dll's you include in your HS directory in the HS root directory, NEVER. Use the bin path as mentioned above...

Comment

Thank you @bsobel and @sparkman. I'll try.
                But still, HS should catch this kind of errors....

Comment

Thank you guys again, it worked. At least I have now a new clean HS install

Comment

Thank you @bsobel and @sparkman. I'll try.
                    But still, HS should catch this kind of errors....
                    There is a list a mile long HS should catch....

Comment

Mine should use the version in my folder. make sure you have version, you put it in separate folder and set it in your app.config file. i.e. mine go in /bin/MeiHarmonyhub/

<probing privatePath="/path to your dlls" />

That should be in the assembly binding node.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

There is a list a mile long HS should catch....
                        To be fairI think they mentioned this, but I also think it's buried in a post and not in the SDK where it should be (but maybe it is now?)

Comment

Thanks again. alexdresko template project has postbuild step which moves all files except HSPI_* into bin/name folder.

Comment

So I installed 3.1.0.17 (Trial), and I am getting that same error "Plugin start is pending". What was discovered as the solution?

HS Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
                              error "Plugin start is pending"
                              From my experience this means that there was some exception during start-up and plugin didn't actually start. And the best approach I found -
                              1. Disable the plugin
                              2. In HS plug-ins Manage page enable "Developer Mode" check box (on the top)
                              3. Enable the plugin.

It will start with console window enabled so you will be able to see the errors.

Remember to disable "Developer Mode" after, otherwise on HS restart you'll get all plugins console windows...

Comment

It will start with console window enabled so you will be able to see the errors.
                                Thank you. It showed that I do not have the latest .net framework installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X