Help after deleting virtual remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help after deleting virtual remote

I was playing around trying to get my head around the virtual remote. I created one and played with it and thought I understood it. It has stupid naming etc. So I thought I would delete it and start over. I went to the device management page and deleted the device. I did not stop the plugin before doing so.

Now when I go into the virtual remote plugin creation page I can't get past the first page where I pick the hub. Any way for me to fix this without reinstalling the plugin and losing all my device references?

Hmm..no.. no need to. send me your KnownDevices config from [hs3 install director]/Config/MeiHarmonyHub/MeiHarmonyHub_KnownDevices.json (or something like that).

I think you just need to have the virtual remote part of the config removed. I can remove it for you and then send you the modified file back or tell you which section to remove. You can send it via PM if you want.

I'll also add a note to look into why it's doing that.
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Fixing to get on an airplane. Will pm you tonight.

chuck

Comment

I found out what is happening. the Virtual Remote is still in the settings and when you delete it, it's erroring out because it's expecting it. I have a fix to check if the device exists and if it doesn't it will delete it from the settings and move on without erroring. I will try and get this out in the form of a Beta tonight.
        MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Thanks, I will look for the update in the beta section. Your plugin is great and your support is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
            Thanks, I will look for the update in the beta section. Your plugin is great and your support is awesome!
            Sorry it took so long. I switched logging libraries and it ended up taking longer than I thought. It is in the beta section now (3.1.0.8).
            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Great will install today. Thanks for your hard work and great plugin

Comment

Tested this today and it works just fine. Again thank you for Your help and quick fix. I have some "Virtual Remote" questions that I will start a new thread for.
                Chuck

Comment

Working...
                X