Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple commands result in random order

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Multiple commands result in random order

    So I have a few events setup in HomeSeer that has been working flawlessly until recently. Now for some reason the commands I sent is received at the actual DVR in random order.

    For example. I have one event that changes channel to 1203. So I have the following setup to send to device.

    [{Command:"Number1"},{Command:"Number2"},{Command:"Number0"}, {Command:"Number3"}]

    The result is that I can land on channel 1302 1320 1230.

    I've tried then to add delay

    [{Command:"Number1",Wait:750},{Command:"Number2",Wait:750},{C ommand:"Number0",Wait:750},{Command:"Number3",Wait:750}]

    This didn't help, still can land on a lot of different variations.

    I event tried

    [{Command:"Number1",Wait:500},{Command:"Number2",Wait:750},{C ommand:"Number0",Wait:1000},{Command:"Number3",Wait:1250}]

    This still can land me on wrong channels.

    Again the first "1" seems to be always correct. But the next 3 digits, it can be random at times and can be very stable at some other times. But it nearly never actually end up being 1203.

    #2
    I will double check to make sure Wait it is being honored, but it should be. That is very weird. I added Wait just for that reason.

    Also, double check your settings (PLugins -> MeiHarmonyHub -> Device settings). Select the hub, then the setting and change the Intercommand delay (ms) to something other than 1ms (I thought I changed this default). the Wait should still override that so I will find out why it's not and put in a fix.
    MeiAutomtion Home

    Comment


      #3
      Just looked at the device setting and I have the
      Intercommand Delay
      set to 750.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by phoenix View Post
        Just looked at the device setting and I have the
        Intercommand Delay
        set to 750.
        Can you do me a favor. Can you try a similar string, but instead alternate between volume up and down and set the Wait to like 2000 for each one? I just want to see if you see it go fast or slow.
        MeiAutomtion Home

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

          Can you do me a favor. Can you try a similar string, but instead alternate between volume up and down and set the Wait to like 2000 for each one? I just want to see if you see it go fast or slow.
          I've created a special version with some more debug logging in it to show me what the command looks like. I am for a fact delaying the processor thread from processing any other commands while that one waits (I may actually have to think about how I do that, but anyways). I put the logging in to see if the Wait makes it into the object like it's supposed to.

          If you want to give it a try and send me a log, PM me and I'll send you just the .exe (You'll have to be on 3.1.0.8 though in order to test as that is what this special version is based off of).
          MeiAutomtion Home

          Comment


            #6
            You know what? Last night I lost power and homeseer rebooted. Now today I tried to replicate this and I can't any more. For like 2 weeks before I made the first post it wasn't working. Then I switched it to instead of using your plugin to send in multiple command for channel numbers I actually made extra Harmony activities and send in the channel number and use the plugin to set the activity instead. That was working correctly. Now I go back and recreated the same original event as I had before but everything works correctly. Well thank you for look into this none the less. I will switch over to use multiple command again for the next little while and if it fails again I will post again. But for now, it seems it's all good.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by phoenix View Post
              You know what? Last night I lost power and homeseer rebooted. Now today I tried to replicate this and I can't any more. For like 2 weeks before I made the first post it wasn't working. Then I switched it to instead of using your plugin to send in multiple command for channel numbers I actually made extra Harmony activities and send in the channel number and use the plugin to set the activity instead. That was working correctly. Now I go back and recreated the same original event as I had before but everything works correctly. Well thank you for look into this none the less. I will switch over to use multiple command again for the next little while and if it fails again I will post again. But for now, it seems it's all good.
              Very odd. If you find you can reproduce it, let me know and we can try some debugging if you are up to it.
              MeiAutomtion Home

              Comment

              Working...
              X