Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/15/19 - New Firmware for Hubs available which may break plugin until you do this...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally had time to try the new firmware. I installed plug-in 3.1.0.13. I had all Internet access blocked for the hubs, so I had to remove that firewall rule. Then I updated and synchronized the first hub using my PC. I enabled XMPP through the iOS app. The hub would not connect. Restarted the plug-in and it reconnected. The exact same process played out on hubs #2 and #3. Everything is working as it was. I did get a rash of errors each time I connected a hub, but they have not recurred.

Feb-23 7:54:26 PM Fatal Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-23 7:29:13 PM Fatal Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-23 6:57:04 PM Fatal Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-23 6:57:03 PM Fatal Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-23 6:57:02 PM Fatal Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I also found time to try the new firmware and similar to previous post, I installed plug-in 3.1.0.13. After the firmware I updated and I synchronised the first hub using my iPhone. I verified XMPP was enabled through the iOS and it was; however, plugin would not connect to the hub in the first instance. I followed the above and restarted the plug-in and it still did not connected. I then went back to the iOS app and disabled XMPP and then re-enabled XMPP. Back in HS, disable and restarted plugin and this restored the connection. I repeated this same process for the 3 hubs and all is working as designed.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

Can you please try .13 in the updater (in the beta section)
        I treid, but stil no ok
        File date is changed to yesterday, but the plugin is stil not listed.

Comment

.13 is working great here.

Comment

Originally posted by Blob View Post
            After updating hub firmware to 4.15.250 and plugin to 3.1.0.12. connecting and sending commands to the hub from HomeSeer works again. Unfortunately that seems not the case for activity detection. Changing activity trough the remote does not get picked up by the plugin unless i manually disable/enable the plugin.

Downgrading the hub firmware back to .210 made activity detection (my main use for the plugin) work again.
            I tried again using 3.1.0.13, but it's still not detecting activity change if firmware .250 is insrtalled. When i disable/enable the plugin it detects the current activity once. Also pressing "Poll Hub For Changes" , disable/enable XMPP and syncing remote does not help. I guess i have to stay on firmware 210, as it seems i'm the only one having this problem.

Comment

Paul, what version of mono are you running and did you try a restart of the os and/or homeseer?

I had to restart my pi and then it just started working.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried again using 3.1.0.13, but it's still not detecting activity change if firmware .250 is insrtalled. When i disable/enable the plugin it detects the current activity once. Also pressing "Poll Hub For Changes" , disable/enable XMPP and syncing remote does not help. I guess i have to stay on firmware 210, as it seems i'm the only one having this problem.
                If you can reproduce and turn on debug logging and send me the log file (not the HS3 logs!) I can see what is going on and why it's not working for you. I have 6 hubs all on .250 that are all working.

Can you also provide your system details?

Comment

Paul, what version of mono are you running and did you try a restart of the os and/or homeseer?

I had to restart my pi and then it just started working.

Thanks, restart did help !!
                  Now it works (sorry i didn't treid that)

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post

Thanks, restart did help !!
                    Now it works (sorry i didn't treid that)

Regards Paul
                    You really shouldn't have to. I don't know if it's a Mono thing not releasing something or what, but I'm glad that worked. I did it as a last resort last night, but didn't really think that "did it".

Hopefully this is not something that has to be done every update. I'm wondering if it has to do with my move from Log4Net to SeriLog..... if so and it was just some odd caching issue, then it shouldn't happen again.

Just curious, did you just restart HS3 or the OS?

Comment

If you can reproduce and turn on debug logging and send me the log file (not the HS3 logs!) I can see what is going on and why it's not working for you. I have 6 hubs all on .250 that are all working.

Can you also provide your system details?
                      I have two hubs, both will not update activity with .250. I also disabled activity support in hub management, deleted the corresponding device and re-enabled it again. Obviously a new hs devices was created, but unfortunately still no change on the activity detection. So let's create a debug log.

This is what i did:
                      - temporarily disabled 1 hub, leaving only the one with .250 active
                      - start plugin (with debug logging already enabled)
                      - change activity to "Watch TV" trough remote
                      - verify the HS activity device does not reflect the change (although line 92 in log suggests the change is noticed)
                      - disconnect/connect hub trough HS device buttons (now HS activity device is instantly updated)
                      - copy and zip log. (attached to this post)

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station

PS: Another question popping up after looking at the log is: do the plugin/hubs require internet access for normal operation?

Comment

I have two hubs, both will not update activity with .250. I also disabled activity support in hub management, deleted the corresponding device and re-enabled it again. Obviously a new hs devices was created, but unfortunately still no change on the activity detection. So let's create a debug log.

This is what i did:
                        - temporarily disabled 1 hub, leaving only the one with .250 active
                        - start plugin (with debug logging already enabled)
                        - change activity to "Watch TV" trough remote
                        - verify the HS activity device does not reflect the change (although line 92 in log suggests the change is noticed)
                        - disconnect/connect hub trough HS device buttons (now HS activity device is instantly updated)
                        - copy and zip log. (attached to this post)

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station

PS: Another question popping up after looking at the log is: do the plugin/hubs require internet access for normal operation?
                        I will look over the logs today/tonight.

The hubs should work without internet access (at least from the plugins perspective), however I've noticed they can get wonky if they don't have internet after a few days. I don't know if Logitech is trying to phone home or not.

Comment

3.1.0.13 with 250 work for me. Just had to reboot HS server to get it going.

Comment

You really shouldn't have to. I don't know if it's a Mono thing not releasing something or what, but I'm glad that worked. I did it as a last resort last night, but didn't really think that "did it".

Hopefully this is not something that has to be done every update. I'm wondering if it has to do with my move from Log4Net to SeriLog..... if so and it was just some odd caching issue, then it shouldn't happen again.

Just curious, did you just restart HS3 or the OS?
                            I did a system resart
                            Tools -> System -> Restart system
                            My mono = Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post

I did a system resart
                              Tools -> System -> Restart system
                              My mono = Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6
                              Thanks for that. I think I was on that same version, but updated yesterday to 5.18.x.x. I wonder if it's specific to 5.4.1.6.

Comment

I will look over the logs today/tonight.

Found any hints in de log?

Comment

Working...
                                X