Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/15/19 - New Firmware for Hubs available which may break plugin until you do this...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiegmanc View Post
    What about the security concerns outlined in the disclaimer
    BS. You can read about XMPP https://xmpp.org/about/technology-overview.html
    Logitech just come up with this excuse to switch to cloud connection or some other internal reasons. When asked them about which particular security vulnerability hey are talking about - they just ignored the question. https://community.logitech.com/s/que...ulnerabilities

And what are you afraid of anyway? That somebody will hack into you Harmony remote and switch off your TV?
    That's actually more of possibility with cloud access.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for all the help and info. I’m going to get the plugin and hub.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wiegmanc View Post
        Awesome! Thanks for all the help and info. I’m going to get the plugin and hub.
        NP. If you also want my advice on the particular remote model - from my experience I prefer the cheapest version (companion https://www.logitech.com/en-au/produ...mony-companion). I have also touch screen one, but we always use the old one. It's got lithium battery which lasts for many years, the new model lasts only 3 days (because of the touch screen) so we always keep it on charging dock. Also it's a hustle to wakeup the remote every 3 seconds or so when you are using it.

Functionality is the same and they both connect to the same hub, so if you want you will be able to buy the newer remote later (without the hub)

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          NP. If you also want my advice on the particular remote model - from my experience I prefer the cheapest version (companion https://www.logitech.com/en-au/produ...mony-companion). I have also touch screen one, but we always use the old one. It's got lithium battery which lasts for many years, the new model lasts only 3 days (because of the touch screen) so we always keep it on charging dock. Also it's a hustle to wakeup the remote every 3 seconds or so when you are using it.

Functionality is the same and they both connect to the same hub, so if you want you will be able to buy the newer remote later (without the hub)
          For my living room I bought the touchscreen one (I have a Harmony ultimate) and also bought a smart remote to pair to it ($30). I give the cheap $30 one to this kids but it's nice to have the touchscreen with all the devices commands on it (via touchscreen) for doing maintenance or troubleshooting. Note that you can buy and pair the smart control to any hub and replace them, but you can't replace the touchscreens or the companion remotes if they go bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

This is more of a feature request...
            How difficult would it be to add something that would allow the user (me) to replace an existing hub with a previously unused one? I think that Logitech makes it possible to copy the programming from one hub to another, but even if I put it at the same IP address, it would have a different ID, and the existing hub already has the new ID format.

Alternately, is there an easy way to edit the plug-in config/data files to accomplish this?
            I have that planned. I already have that bae functionality with the "fix I'd" button I just need to expand it a bit. I've had a hub even switch IDs after a factory reset (but not always?)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Frank, dumb question... I recently had to update my downstairs Harmony Hub and remote, performed the XXMP procedure to change it from v.250 to v.210, I noticed when looking at the remote about to display both the Hub and remote firmware level the Hub displayed XMPP v.210 but the remote still has the v.250. Is there something I need to do to change the remote the reason I'm asking is that I did a Remote Sync (from the remote) and reverted the Hub back to v.250, am I missing something?

So do I avoid syncing the remote with the Hub? Mike
              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
              Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
              HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                ... performed the XXMP procedure to change it from v.250 to v.210, ...
                I know I'm not Frank, but...

There is confusion here. v.250 is the correct version to use. Let the hub update back to that version. v.250 is the version that restored XXMP to the hub. Once updated, use the Android or iPhone app to enable the XXMP option.

Downgrading to a previous version was never a long term fix. To keep it from automatically updating to the newest version, you'd have to keep it from calling home. After a few days of not being able to call home, the hub gets so upset that it becomes increasingly unusable. Fortunately, version 250 was released that allowed the option to restore XXMP connections. It is expected that future versions will now continue to allow this.

Comment

Joe, thanxs for the comeback. I can be slow at times so.. v.250 was version that came with my new Harmony when I used the XXMP it reverted the firmware back to v.210 which I assumed was the XXMP version. I will change both of them back to v.250 and attempt to use my iPhone app to enable, Mike

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Well I think I've sussed it out the following when one uses the PC Harmony App and perform XXMP firmware option (Alt +F9) it loads v210 (XXMP) onto the Hub, If one then uses the Remote control and perform a Sync it then updates the Hub to v250 (XXMP?) is there anyway to verify, I noticed that my IOS Harmony app seems to have a consistent problems locating any of the Hubs whilst the remotes see them without issue and looking at my USG Clients I can see both Hubs (Static IPs) and even issue a reconnect and see them disappear/come back within seconds.

The one issue I do see is that when attempt Run Discovery it returns with Found 0 Hubs.. so something isn't copasetic am I missing something? Mike

Comment

...The one issue I do see is that when attempt Run Discovery it returns with Found 0 Hubs.. so something isn't copasetic am I missing something? Mike
                      If you do pings to each hub address from the HomeSeer PC, do they succeed?

Comment

Joe, I pinged both with success well kind of... two computer on the same subnet (the one I typing on) and the other HomeSeer, the one I'm currently using am able to ping successfully but I decided to try from the HomeSeer PC and wasn't able to Hmmm not sure why?

Comment

Joe, I pinged both with success well kind of... two computer on the same subnet (the one I typing on) and the other HomeSeer, the one I'm currently using am able to ping successfully but I decided to try from the HomeSeer PC and wasn't able to Hmmm not sure why?
                          are they on the same subnet? could it be your windows firewall blocking it (or third party firewall)?

I think for normal communication it's TCP port 5222 and then for discovery it's outgoing 5224 and incoming 5446.

Comment

are they on the same subnet?
                            Yes they are all on 192.168.1.X
                            could it be your windows firewall blocking it (or third party firewall)?
                            I'm starting to think so, I have three other computers attached to the same LAN and they all are able to ping both Harmony Hubs (Wireless) but for some reason my HomeSeer computer can ping all of my wired and SONO speakers but when it comes to other Wifi devices I get the proverbial "Destination host unreachable." message. I thought initial it was my AP's but since the other computers can ping the wireless devices it ruled that out.

What I'm confused is that on the HomeSeer computer I can ping all of my wired devices including my USG, UCK, and Managed Switches and SONO speakers but I think that since I have one of them hardwired that somehow all of the other speaker (wireless) are working. Is there something in the Windows firewall that pertains to wireless apps? Mike

Comment

Yes they are all on 192.168.1.X
                              I'm starting to think so, I have three other computers attached to the same LAN and they all are able to ping both Harmony Hubs (Wireless) but for some reason my HomeSeer computer can ping all of my wired and SONO speakers but when it comes to other Wifi devices I get the proverbial "Destination host unreachable." message. I thought initial it was my AP's but since the other computers can ping the wireless devices it ruled that out.

What I'm confused is that on the HomeSeer computer I can ping all of my wired devices including my USG, UCK, and Managed Switches and SONO speakers but I think that since I have one of them hardwired that somehow all of the other speaker (wireless) are working. Is there something in the Windows firewall that pertains to wireless apps? Mike
                              I wish I could answer that, but I'm not that knowledgeable in networks. You could try disabling the windows firewall, pinging the hubs and then turning it immediately back on (you could kill your internet while you do this if you want, but I generally don't).

Comment

Well I think I've sussed it out the following when one uses the PC Harmony App and perform XXMP firmware option (Alt +F9) it loads v210 (XXMP) onto the Hub, If one then uses the Remote control and perform a Sync it then updates the Hub to v250 (XXMP?) is there anyway to verify, I noticed that my IOS Harmony app seems to have a consistent problems locating any of the Hubs whilst the remotes see them without issue and looking at my USG Clients I can see both Hubs (Static IPs) and even issue a reconnect and see them disappear/come back within seconds
                                Hi MNB,

I was in a similar position to you. I was having problems getting the plugin to work with a Harmony Elite on my Unifi gear (APs and USG). I spent days doing long power cycles as the app always said the hub was in AWAY mode (i.e. not on the local network even though it would operate a Hue bridge and IP control the TV on the same network). If I removed the hub from the Android app it was never discovered again etc. Then I spent a day power cycling, factory resting the hub and reinstalling the settings.......and so on. And yet it would never be discovered locally or be discoverable for a few hours and then not. Very frustrating.

Anyway some tips:

I was using an old version of the PC software that I had been using for a couple of years. Not sure what version but it had a grey icon on the desktop. Then I discovered there was new version of the PC software. It has a blue Harmony icon. Shift-F9 with the new version does NOT give you the option to use a specific XMPP firware. But it does install .250 which allows you to turn XMPP on and off via the app. So try and reinstall the Harmony PC software.

Secondly, there is an issue with Unifi and the Harmony hub. For some reason, that I have yet to work out, the hub keeps becoming undiscoverable and the Android app operates in AWAY mode. They way to temporarily fix this is to "Reconnect" the hub in the Unifi controller client list. So if your Android app says AWAY in the hub list ('Switch Hubs") try the Reconnect option in the controller. I read somewhere that the iOS app does not display AWAY even when it it running via the cloud. I'm still trying to sort this out. Other people have noticed something similar: https://community.ui.com/questions/H...0-e0d5784936ec

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find a fix the Unifi issue.

Marty

​​​​
                                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
                                X