Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Remote Questions

I have a couple of questions:

1.) After the virtual remote device has been created a drop down is created containing the commands. Makes sense for devices with many commands to choose from. But for those devices that only have say 2 (mute and un-mute) can the device be configured to show buttons rather than the drop down?

2.) When the plug in creates a device for an actual device, i.e. a TV, and you execute a command from the drop down box, (volume up), after the command executes the device automatically returns to "choose command". A virtual remote does not exhibit this behavior. Thus if I choose to execute a command in the virtual remote I have to choose another command, i.e." choose command" to be able to choose the same command again. As an example to raise the volume several steps I have to choose "volume up", "choose command", "volume up", "choose command", etc. Can virtual remote be configured to automatically return to the "choose command" state so it doesn't have to be explicitly chosen?

3.) In regards to "volume up" or "volume down" commands could a preset change be set in a general configuration somewhere? As an example, with one execution of either of the volume commands the volume would change a user selectable amount. If the user chose the number 5 as his preset then one execution of the volume commands would simulate 5 repeated volume commands either up or down.

As you can probably tell I setup a virtual remote to volume up, volume down, mute and unmute today. These questions come from that experience. I am sure as I setup more virtual remotes I will probably come up with more questions.

Again thanks for your great plugin!

Chuck

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post

1.) After the virtual remote device has been created a drop down is created containing the commands. Makes sense for devices with many commands to choose from. But for those devices that only have say 2 (mute and un-mute) can the device be configured to show buttons rather than the drop down?
    I will research this. I believe this would be possible. I may have you choose the type when you create the VR so it will be either or.

2.) When the plug in creates a device for an actual device, i.e. a TV, and you execute a command from the drop down box, (volume up), after the command executes the device automatically returns to "choose command". A virtual remote does not exhibit this behavior. Thus if I choose to execute a command in the virtual remote I have to choose another command, i.e." choose command" to be able to choose the same command again. As an example to raise the volume several steps I have to choose "volume up", "choose command", "volume up", "choose command", etc. Can virtual remote be configured to automatically return to the "choose command" state so it doesn't have to be explicitly chosen?
    I missed that. I will add it in in the next version.

3.) In regards to "volume up" or "volume down" commands could a preset change be set in a general configuration somewhere? As an example, with one execution of either of the volume commands the volume would change a user selectable amount. If the user chose the number 5 as his preset then one execution of the volume commands would simulate 5 repeated volume commands either up or down.
    I think that would be doable. Give me some time to think about how to do that. This one might take longer than 2 though

As you can probably tell I setup a virtual remote to volume up, volume down, mute and unmute today. These questions come from that experience. I am sure as I setup more virtual remotes I will probably come up with more questions.

Again thanks for your great plugin!
    NP......it's people using it that give me ways to improve it. so thank you

Chuck
    Frank
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Frank, thank you for your response. I appreciate your willingness to listen and consider user suggestions. I hope as I move forward with your product my suggestions or questions are as thoughtful as your responses! You have a great plugin and in my home it is used frequently every single day.👍

Comment

Frank, thank you for your response. I appreciate your willingness to listen and consider user suggestions. I hope as I move forward with your product my suggestions or questions are as thoughtful as your responses! You have a great plugin and in my home it is used frequently every single day.👍
        your #2 made it into 3.1.0.9, but note I was doing some refactoring and I released without 100% testing (I'm sure it all works though). It's in the beta section of the updater.
        MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Wonderful! I will test it out later today.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
          X