[Bug] Not removing Activities & Devices that no longer exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Bug] Not removing Activities & Devices that no longer exist

I reconfigured my Harmony Hub and the Activity had to be rebuilt. Then I found things were not working... reason I see is that older devices and old activities are not being removed from HS3. Thus, when trying using HS3 to control the hub, the commands are not being recognized even though they are being 'ran' (see log)... and no error is coming back telling us the hub has not executed or recognized the command.

tried this with .12 & .13

Attached Files

So, this is intentional. I add devices/commands, but I don't remove. I have code to remove them, but that option is set to false. I can add in an option to enable deleting of commands that no longer exist on the hub.

I'm not sure I would want to do this for "Devices" (that actual HomeSeer device), but I could look into it.

Comment

Would be nice to have it delete the plugin reference (item in drop-down) and maybe rename the HS3 device appending it with "-deleted" or something. this way a search will return all the devices we need to change in the events.

Comment

I second this. In all my plugins, if it creates a device, the plugin also removes the device. I don't want to have to crawl around looking for things to delete! And this is fresh on my mind because I'm in the process of moving to a different server and I'm having some trouble with hub devices that keep showing up even though I've already created them... but that's a subject for another thread. The punch line for this one is I then have to go delete a bunch of devices for the 3 hubs I have (plus the 2 random extra devices the plugin is creating).

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          I second this. In all my plugins, if it creates a device, the plugin also removes the device. I don't want to have to crawl around looking for things to delete! And this is fresh on my mind because I'm in the process of moving to a different server and I'm having some trouble with hub devices that keep showing up even though I've already created them... but that's a subject for another thread. The punch line for this one is I then have to go delete a bunch of devices for the 3 hubs I have (plus the 2 random extra devices the plugin is creating).
          I will have to think about how to implement that.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I will have to think about how to implement that.
            FWIW, I store a reference to all my child devices in a PlugExtData object on the root. That lets me easily track and iterate them without the slow process of enumerating all HS devices. I'm sure there are a dozen other ways (INI files, for example) but I prefer this method because it keeps the config files from getting out of sync.

Comment

I used to use the ped but I had issues with losing data so I store all my data in Json files. I just have to research how to delete devices which in sire os trivial and then find all the places I might need to delete devices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing I noticed with PEDs was a bug in mono meant they didn't work right in Linux unless you serialized to JSON first and then used Unnamed objects (named objects had key problems).

Comment

That could be it. I always used named objects.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Frank sirmeili ,

Any update on this? I just swapped TVs and now I have a stale HS device that no longer exists in the hub. On the Harmony side, it's been removed from all activities, deleted from the account, and sync'd to the hub. It's also no longer in any HS events.

Is it safe just to delete the device in HS?

Thanks,
                    Ken
                    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                      Hi Frank sirmeili ,

Any update on this? I just swapped TVs and now I have a stale HS device that no longer exists in the hub. On the Harmony side, it's been removed from all activities, deleted from the account, and sync'd to the hub. It's also no longer in any HS events.

Is it safe just to delete the device in HS?

Thanks,
                      Ken
                      Yup, just delete the device.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

Yup, just delete the device.
                        Sweet. I just didn't want to make a mess out of things by deleting a device the wrong way.

--Ken
                        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                        X