Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Possible to Control Lutron Radio RA2 Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Possible to Control Lutron Radio RA2 Devices?

I have just recently learned that Harmony Elite and the Lutron Radio RA2 system do not play nice. I was hoping to add some control of RA2 devices to my Harmony Elite remote. I have DonMor's RA2 plugin. Would it be possible to control my Lutron lighting through my Harmony Elite and HS3?

Can you give more details of what you want to do and how you would use the Harmony (when an activity start?, start an activity then control RA2 with the button?, etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      Can you give more details of what you want to do and how you would use the Harmony (when an activity start?, start an activity then control RA2 with the button?, etc...)
      Just simple stuff like dimming Lutron controlled lights when I start the Watch Movie activity with the Harmony.

Comment

Very sample see the example below, you can also program a button of RA2 Goodnignt that will turn off the TV, I program a seetouch button Goodnight, RA2 turn on the chandelier light then HS turn off the tv and after 2 min. turn off the chandelier light.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
          Very sample see the example below, you can also program a button of RA2 Goodnignt that will turn off the TV, I program a seetouch button Goodnight, RA2 turn on the chandelier light then HS turn off the tv and after 2 min. turn off the chandelier light.
          Don--I think you misunderstood me. I want the Harmony to initiate the event. You're right that it is simple for the MeiHarmony plugin to be controlled by Homeseer, but I want my Harmony remote to trigger lighting events.

Comment

Instead controlling a device you can run an even

This one is trigger when you start an activity on harmony

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post
              I have just recently learned that Harmony Elite and the Lutron Radio RA2 system do not play nice. I was hoping to add some control of RA2 devices to my Harmony Elite remote. I have DonMor's RA2 plugin. Would it be possible to control my Lutron lighting through my Harmony Elite and HS3?
              The approach DonMor is taking is the correct way to do it. I have no way of having the hub itself control Lutron devices. The best you can do is trigger events based on the Current Activity. In your case you said you want to dim the lights when you start the "Watch Movie" activity. I have triggers for this, so it's a pretty easy event to set up. I do the same thing, but turn on my ceiling fan when someone starts any activity.

Please note that the hub sends out no notifications that the hub is controlling a device, so I have no direct way of controlling a lutron device from the hub via HS3. The best you can get is add a Flirc device (which is an IR receiver) add it to your hub, and then you can use Jon00's Flirc plugin to amp IR signals to commands in HS3. I have not done this, but I know a few have with success.

Comment

Working...
              X