Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubs not responding to plugin after power outage

All,

I've noticed that some of my hubs refused to reconnect after a power outage last night. I power cycled them and they worked, so I'm not sure why. I also noticed that they were not accessible to even the Harmony App locally (I was after the power cycle).

I also have another hub that refused to be recognized at all locally either by my plugin nor their phone app, but it works "through the net". The versions are all the same, so I'm not sure what is up. I plan on doing a factory reset on it to see if that solves it (I've had issues with this hub in the past unrelated to the plugin).

I will keep this thread updated, but wanted to see if anyone else had noticed issues like this?

Frank

Is it possible that they came back up before your WiFi did? I would think that they would just keep retrying, but maybe not.

Comment

for the 2, I guess, but why would they still be available by the cloud and why wouldn't the hub check for WiFi if it doesn't have a connection (not saying it's not possible, saying it's stupid of them if that is the case).

For my 1 that I can't access locally at all, nothing has worked.... still waiting to do the factory reset on it.

Comment

So, Odd thing, the 3rd one that I couldn't connect to for weeks, all of a sudden started working again. Not sure why.

However from their app, it now lists all my hubs as "Away" to connect through the cloud instead of connecting directly about 1/2 the time. Sometimes they show local, other times they don't. There seems to be no rhyme or reason and it could be I have something on my network causing it, but not sure what that could be.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          So, Odd thing, the 3rd one that I couldn't connect to for weeks, all of a sudden started working again. Not sure why.

However from their app, it now lists all my hubs as "Away" to connect through the cloud instead of connecting directly about 1/2 the time. Sometimes they show local, other times they don't. There seems to be no rhyme or reason and it could be I have something on my network causing it, but not sure what that could be.
          I could be your network. I haven't had much trouble with my hub so to speak but my centurylink modem/router gets into a state where it will pass normal web traffic but not traffic on some of the odd network ports. I'm guessing it is something with the firewall and sometimes it takes two or three power cycles to get it back right.

Comment

Working...
          X