Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Bug] Change of trigger in one event changes trigger in another event.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Bug] Change of trigger in one event changes trigger in another event.

I have 2 events that changes a virtual device when the Harmony starts either Stream or Watch TV.

The second event I created by using the copy function.

I have now noticed that when I changed the trigger on one of the events, the trigger on the other also changes.

If I try to change the trigger on any of these two events, the trigger on the other event is also changed.

I solved it by creating a event from scratch, but I guess maybe this can happen to others also.

Originally posted by Groot View Post
    I have 2 events that changes a virtual device when the Harmony starts either Stream or Watch TV.

The second event I created by using the copy function.

I have now noticed that when I changed the trigger on one of the events, the trigger on the other also changes.

If I try to change the trigger on any of these two events, the trigger on the other event is also changed.

I solved it by creating a event from scratch, but I guess maybe this can happen to others also.
    I think this is an HS3 bug. I've noticed it on occasion when using the copy function

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I think this is an HS3 bug. I've noticed it on occasion when using the copy function

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      My understanding is that the plugin needs to manage copying of their triggers. Other plugins have had this issue in the past and its something the plugin developer needs to resolve. Search the forum and there should be other similar threads on it, or one of the other plugin authors should be able to point you in the right direction.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

My understanding is that the plugin needs to manage copying of their triggers. Other plugins have had this issue in the past and its something the plugin developer needs to resolve. Search the forum and there should be other similar threads on it, or one of the other plugin authors should be able to point you in the right direction.
        I've had this same issue using HS3 built in triggers/conditions. I store the event's unique ID with my triggers. So unless they've assigned it it the same UID( which I think is what happens), I'm not sure how to fix it. I'll check it into it though and see what I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I've had this same issue using HS3 built in triggers/conditions. I store the event's unique ID with my triggers. So unless they've assigned it it the same UID( which I think is what happens), I'm not sure how to fix it. I'll check it into it though and see what I can find.
          Ah ok. I thought it was every time a trigger from the plugin was copied. I don't recall seeing this issue in a long time and I copy events frequently.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Ah ok. I thought it was every time a trigger from the plugin was copied. I don't recall seeing this issue in a long time and I copy events frequently.
            LIke I said, I could be doing something wrong. Not like the plugin documentation is straight forward and this is the first time i've heard this with this plugin. That said, I'll run some tests and see if I can recreate. If I can recreate, I can fix it If not I'll go searching for the answers.

Comment

Hi,

I'm having the same problems. Im running HS3 standard Linux 3.0.0.548. When making a copy of an MeiharmonyHub event and change the Trigger, the trigger from the original one is changed also.
              So the copy function is not reliable. I have to create a new event to make it work.

Comment

I've had limited time recently, but I will try and recreate this. I've seen it from time to time where triggers aren't on my plugins, but doesn't mean I'm not doing something wrong.

(sorry I'm only now responding, I never got an email on this message)

Comment

Hi Frank,

The problem is still there. I can reproduce the problem always. So if you need testing i can do it for you.

Thanks,

Walter

Comment

this morning i ran into same bug with copied events using MeiHarmony triggers. i'm on version 3.0.1.17 workaround to create new events from scratch is kinda a pain.

separately, is there any way to trigger an event from a DEVICE command, as oposed to an ACTIVITY?

Comment

Working...
                    X