Cannot Connect - Issue Started Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Connect - Issue Started Yesterday

I had an issue start yesterday which I cannot resolve. I have previously enabled XMPP and had all of that working fine. In troubleshooting the issue which started yesterday I have done the items below with no success.
    • Pressing the 'connect' button on the Homeseer device.
    • Restarting the plugin.
    • Updating the plugin to the newest Beta version.
    • Restarting Homeseer
    • Power-cycling the Harmony Hub
    • Disabling/re-enabling XMPP
    My logs show the following error messages over and over, happening every couple of minutes.

Code:
    May-20 10:09:42         Fatal    A fatal error has occurred trying to connect to the hub:

May-20 10:09:42         Error    The Connection to Hub with ID 9b47e764e2bbfa774e473f8940e235ed3127a9fb failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)

May-20 10:09:42         Error    The Connection to Hub with ID 9b47e764e2bbfa774e473f8940e235ed3127a9fb failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.240.20:5222

May-20 10:09:40         Error    The Connection to Hub with ID 9b47e764e2bbfa774e473f8940e235ed3127a9fb failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)

May-20 10:09:40         Error    The Connection to Hub with ID 9b47e764e2bbfa774e473f8940e235ed3127a9fb failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.240.20:5222
    I am pretty sure this is related, but I can't figure out how or why, nor can I figure out how to fix this. But this issue started when I allowed my Google Assistant to connect to my Harmony account. I have now disabled that connection, but I think that is what caused the issue and I just don't know how to recover from it.

When you go into the phone app, when on the same network, does the hub(s) show as Away or Connect?

Comment

It shows my hub as away. It has always taken the app a long time to 'find' my hub. Yesterday it never found it, so the only way I could connect was through the Away method.

Comment

Yeah....I've had this issue from time to time (though rarely since their new firmware). For some reason the hub refuses to connect locally, even from their own phone app. It's like it's blocking communication. I wish I had a better answer for you, but it's out of my hands. It sometimes resolves itself in a few hours, but one of mine was down for a few weeks

One of my I unplugged it for 30 min or so and it worked after I plugged it back in.

Comment

I only unplugged it for a few seconds. I will try unplugging it for a longer period. Thanks for the information.

One thing I will mention in case it sparks any ideas...when I look at the about/versions page in the Harmony app, it shows my hub's IP address as 192.168.1.4. This is the IP address I had assigned to it at my old house. In my new house, I have assigned to 192.168.240.20. I confirmed in my router that is what it is connected as. So I wonder if that somehow is leading to the issue? I am still able to connect remotely so it is communicating with my network somehow.

Comment

I was having the same problem with the same error message and created another thread yesterday. Lingerba- your last post was the clue that I needed. It looks like the Harmony plugin has the incorrect IP address, at least in my case. I overrode the discovered IP with the one from the router attached devices list and it works! I also added my harmony hubs to the static IP list so hopefully I won't have this issue again.

Comment

The extended power disconnection seems to have resolved my issue. And for what it is worth, my IP address shows correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by lingerba View Post
                The extended power disconnection seems to have resolved my issue. And for what it is worth, my IP address shows correctly.
                Glad to hear it worked. I'm wondering what they did to cause this cause it even affects their own phone app.

Comment

Working...
                X