IR Commands to a device are "sometimes" repeating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR Commands to a device are "sometimes" repeating

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this as it's driving me nuts!

I recently swapped out a Panasonic Viero (btw, anyone want a 50" Plasma for free?) and replaced it with a Samsung QLED. I've started building a new HSTouch screen to control the TV and I've run into a problem. The arrow direction keys seem to be repeating but only sometimes. This makes menu navigation maddening. I dropped back a level and went to the HS web UI and I'm still seeing the same thing when sending commands using the device pulldown. I don't "think" this is a problem with the IR codes since the direction keys seem to be working 100% using the physical remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

the plugin shouldn't be doing this as it only sends 1 command a time (unless you tell it to repeat in the settings)

There are some settings in the logitech hardware for repeats as well, but I can't remember where they are. I'll try and find them and report back. I will say that I have had this issue with my Roku's from time to time and it took a hub reset to fix it. I don't think that's your issue though (you can't adjust repeats on "wifi" devices on the harmony hub)

Comment

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the settings that tell it to repeat. Just to clarify, when I say repeat, I mean I get two direction presses each time I ask for one. It isn't ever anything greater than two and sometimes it's the expected one, so it definitely seems like an edge condition somewhere. I was going to hit the Logitech forum as well to see what I might find there.

More to come,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        Hi Frank,

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the settings that tell it to repeat. Just to clarify, when I say repeat, I mean I get two direction presses each time I ask for one. It isn't ever anything greater than two and sometimes it's the expected one, so it definitely seems like an edge condition somewhere. I was going to hit the Logitech forum as well to see what I might find there.

More to come,
        Ken
        Yes,,, I have repeat settings per device and command in the configs

But if you didn't set it, than it is the default of 1

Comment

EDIT: I'll start a new thread on this one since it's unrelated to the problem.

New thread started here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...e-config-pages
          Attached Files

Comment

OK. After doing some reading on the Logitech Harmony forums, I figured it out. It was the device settings in the Harmony Hub configuration itself that was causing the problems. I'm not sure why it worked with the remote but not when sent through the plugin but as I said earlier, it definitely was an edge condition.

Here's the directions I followed: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...ommand-repeats

The initial value was "1" and I lowered it to "0". Ironically, the device in the example is a Samsung TV.

Thanks for the help.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X