No announcement yet.

MeiHarmony connecting to 2 of 4 hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope mine are all available and list Connect. But what is interesting hubs in my other home are also listed and can connect to them as well. I am able to access and control all my hubs in and out of my home. I’ve never seen the Away status you have.

Comment

Even with WiFi off I still see the Connect command.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsilver1 View Post
        Do you have an iPhone? Maybe that home/away status screen is only available from android? I can't find it on my iPhone.

Here's how it seems to work from the iPhone app.
        Select your hub, then get the settings icon, select about, then versions.
        The second row is the hub name. Off to the right it will have a cloud icon if it is "away" (connecting remotely via the cloud). It will have nothing there if it is "home" (connecting on the local lan.)

Comment

On my iphone all my local hubs are fine. My second home hubs do have the cloud (away) listing. As you described. So net is my local hubs which I am having issue are in home mode. Out of the 4 hubs only 1 now works without throwing errors.

Comment

Ok...on Android, even with "Away" I can connect it's just letting me know it's not local. The error you have is the hub refusing connections. Are you sure you have XMPP enabled on the hubs?

Do you have an android device you can test with to see if they show as Away or not? I've noticed this issue since .250 where hub refuse local connections from both the plugin and even Logitech's own apps. One of my hubs refused local connections for about 3 weeks earlier this year until it just started working all of a sudden.

I'll check your logs though in case I see something else. Work has been crazy and I had my son's preschool graduation last night. I'm taking PTO for the next week so should have time to investigate

Comment

Frank

XMPP was off! Didn’t know it had to be on. And I turned it off on my working hub before it stopped working!!! So operator error. All seems fine now. Thanks for the help. Btw don’t recall reading xmpp needed to be on. Thought it was a debug option. Thanks again. Bob

Comment

Frank

XMPP was off! Didn’t know it had to be on. And I turned it off on my working hub before it stopped working!!! So operator error. All seems fine now. Thanks for the help. Btw don’t recall reading xmpp needed to be on. Thought it was a debug option. Thanks again. Bob
                History: Logitech removed XMPP which caused all 3rd party integrations to fail back in December.....they begrudgingly put it back. So Yes it is required, but unfortunately still not "officially" supported.

Comment

Frank. One more issue. Changed hub activity and meiharmony isn’t updating the activity changes. How do I force it to refresh?

Comment

Frank. One more issue. Changed hub activity and meiharmony isn’t updating the activity changes. How do I force it to refresh?
                    You can't, if it's connected it should do it. Can you turn on debug logging, make sure it says the hubs are connected and then change the activity and send me the logs? This will help

Comment

Here is the debug log after adding an activity on Kitchen Hub

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i1pzp15za...90524.log?dl=0

Comment

Here is the debug log after adding an activity on Kitchen Hub

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i1pzp15za...90524.log?dl=0
                        Oh wait..adding an activity to the hub? Yo ucan click "Poll hub" on the hub device. (or a plugin restart should do it).

Comment

That worked.

Comment

That worked.
                            Not that is should also check daily for new hub config changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X