Can't display Device Config pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HS14 View Post

I updated to 3.1.0.19 listed under beta and now when I go to the "Device Configuration" page and select the only hub on the list (which by the way is named "MeiHarmonyHub: Unknown: Harmony Hub Hub" for some reason) I get this error in the logs:
    Posting back to plugin web page MeiHarmonyHub_Device_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    I checked the naming convention for that dropdown. It goes "[Location 1]: [Location 2]: [Device Name]". So it appears your location 1 is "MeiHarmonyHub" your Location 2 is "Unknonw" and your device name is "Harmony Hub Hub" (you should see this on the Device List in the HS3 web admin).

I just wanted to put that out there while I was thinking of it.

Comment

Quick question. For those having this issue, do you have "Use Devices?" checked for the hub you are trying to change the device configs for?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I checked the naming convention for that dropdown. It goes "[Location 1]: [Location 2]: [Device Name]". So it appears your location 1 is "MeiHarmonyHub" your Location 2 is "Unknonw" and your device name is "Harmony Hub Hub" (you should see this on the Device List in the HS3 web admin).

I just wanted to put that out there while I was thinking of it.
        Ah that makes sense since I have "Use Location 2" disabled in settings.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Quick question. For those having this issue, do you have "Use Devices?" checked for the hub you are trying to change the device configs for?
          These are the settings in the "Hub Management" page:

Hub Name
          Harmony Hub

Enabled
          Checked

Use Activity?
          Checked

Use Devices?
          Checked

Use Sleep?
          Unchecked

All the devices I use on Harmony show in my HS3 "Device List" page and the activites work fine. Just get that error when trying to visit the "Device Configuration" page under the plugin.

Comment

Ah that makes sense since I have "Use Location 2" disabled in settings.
            I will see if I can detect this and ignore it if it's disabled.

Comment

These are the settings in the "Hub Management" page:

Hub Name
              Harmony Hub

Enabled
              Checked

Use Activity?
              Checked

Use Devices?
              Checked

Use Sleep?
              Unchecked

All the devices I use on Harmony show in my HS3 "Device List" page and the activites work fine. Just get that error when trying to visit the "Device Configuration" page under the plugin.
              Ok. This weekend I will add more logging around that area and put a beta out so we can see what is going on. I thought I knew what it was, but it appears it's not that.

Comment

Any update on this issue. I have the 3.1.0.19 version of the plugin and still have the can't display the device config page.
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I will look at it this week. It might mean I add debugging in. the other option is to have you send me your configs and see if I can see anything (a debug log would be nice too, but I think I need to add more debugging to see the issue).

I think my PMs here are cleared out so you should be good to zip them up and send them to me if you want. Otherwise I will just add more logging to that page.

Comment

I don't want to seem impatient about this, but it has been over a year now. I have settled for not adding or changing things, but now one of my devices failed, and the replacement takes different commands. I can't even edit any existing event commands, let alone add new ones or new events. It has now reached a very high level of inconvenience for me.
                    If there isn't going to be any fix/support for this, then I guess it is what it is, but I would like to know for certain. Is there any documentation for the config files that you create? Is there any way that I could hand edit them to get it halfway working again?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeviceCommand.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1412763

And again, in the log when trying to get to the device config
                    Aug-20 9:17:40 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page MeiHarmonyHub_Device_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                    Current Date/Time: 8/20/2020 9:26:00 AM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 2 Days 5 Hours 54 Minutes 2 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.1.45
                    Number of Devices: 555
                    Number of Events: 485
                    Available Threads: 400
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 11
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
                    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: gateway
                    Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                    2.0.66.0: BLOnkyo
                    1.0.4.0: BLShutdown
                    2.0.76.0: BLSpeech
                    2.0.26.0: BLUPS
                    0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                    3.0.7.20: Insteon
                    3.1.0.19: MeiHarmonyHub
                    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                    3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
                    0.0.0.48: Pushover 3P
                    3.0.2.4: Z-Wave

Comment

I'll get aversion out tonight with at least more debugging. I'll do it during my lunch break (if I get one and release it by 1pm for you. Sorry about this.

In the mean time, can you send me your configs? You can email me at my name here at googles mail service.

Comment

Okay. I sent them from my Bellsouth email.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                          Okay. I sent them from my Bellsouth email.
                          Thanks
                          I don't want you to think I forgot. I don't see anything in your configs. I'm cleaing up some of the code and adding in debugging. It's just taking longer than I thought.

Comment

Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

I noticed that my hubs updated their firmware last night. So far, nothing seems to have changed. They still work, and I still can't add or alter any device events for the upstairs hub.
                              As much work as it is, I would delete it and re-add it, but I'm afraid I might lose the few old events that still work.

Comment

Sorry, I got to release the version I have with more logging. I had a change at work and I've been re-adjusting. It happened right as I was working on this. Sorry again. I will get something out this week. Note that it will likely be just logging to help track the issue down.

Comment

Working...
                                X