Too Many Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Errors

Im ready to uninstall this plugin it never works, any ideas as to why this generates so many errors?

What errors is it generating?

Comment

May-30 8:52:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml)
      May-30 8:52:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      May-30 8:52:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml)
      May-30 8:52:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Why do I have to keep restarting the plug in? When I do, the hubs seem to work again.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
          Why do I have to keep restarting the plug in? When I do, the hubs seem to work again.
          can you restart the plugin, go to the plugin's settings under the general tab and check "Debug logging". Once it's checked, let the issue occur again and then send me the logs that are in [hs3installpath]/configs/MeiHarmonyHub/HSPI_meiharmonyhubYYYYMMDD.log where YYYYMMDD is the date.

Also, do you have XMPP enabled in the phone app as directed here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...plugin-to-work

Comment

No errors (on homeseer log)after changing some firewall settings. When I was restarting my server, is when the errors were occurring. I have verified XMPP is enabled and I made sure the debugging has been enabled. Should I restart my server or just leave it alone? Or trust the firewall changes are possibly what the plugin debug data will reveal?

Comment

I sent some debug info, did you get it ?

Comment

Too unreliable this plugin has to go!

Comment

Jun-02 9:17:58 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml)
                  Jun-02 9:17:58 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Jun-02 9:17:51 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml)
                  Jun-02 9:17:51 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID dae failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Jun-02 9:17:39 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.GetHubCo nfig(String hubId) at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.Connecti onOpened(Object sender, ConnectionOpenedEventArgs e) at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                  Jun-02 9:17:39 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: One or more errors occurred.
                  Jun-02 9:17:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml)
                  Jun-02 9:17:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID dae failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Jun-02 9:17:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml)
                  Jun-02 9:17:35 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Jun-02 9:17:32 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID dae failed with stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.GetHubCo nfig(String hubId) at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.Connecti onOpened(Object sender, ConnectionOpenedEventArgs e) at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                  Jun-02 9:17:32 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: One or more errors occurred.
                  Jun-02 9:17:22 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.GetState Digest(String hubId) at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.Connecti onOpened(Object sender, ConnectionOpenedEventArgs e) at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                  Jun-02 9:17:22 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: One or more errors occurred.
                  Jun-02 9:17:16 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.GetHubCo nfig(String hubId) at HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.Controllers.HarmonyHubController.Connecti onOpened(Object sender, ConnectionOpenedEventArgs e) at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                  Jun-02 9:17:16 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: One or more errors occurred.

Comment

I'm sorry if you're unhappy. I have over 500 licensed users and very few have issues. So this seems to be unique to your setup. If you're not happy and already bought a license, you are free to ask HomeSeer if they'll refund you the cost.

This is not my primary job and I've been on vacation this past week so not near the computer a lot. I will look at your logs tomorrow if you can wait. If you can't, then I'm sorry to see you go.

Comment

Given the sensibility of the device wifi itself. I find the plugin very reliable.

Use it since the beginning... almost 1.5 years.
                      The author is very responsive too. This is not the case with all plugin authors here .

Honestly , your tolerance window is kind of short , if your motives were not to condition the author.

Comment

Strange that all of a sudden Im starting to have problems.
                        I was using Reins plugin and I suddenly stopped working correctly so I enabled local control. That didn't seem to work. So I bought this plugin in hoping to resolve my issues but it did not. Is there a firmware version I should be using for the hubs ? I have been having problems with harmony lately so maybe its logitech. Sorry to have blamed you when clearly it's something i have to troubleshoot properly just haven't had the time. It's just frustrating when this happens. Seems we have to do alot of babysitting to get it all working.

Comment

Strange that all of a sudden Im starting to have problems.
                          I was using Reins plugin and I suddenly stopped working correctly so I enabled local control. That didn't seem to work. So I bought this plugin in hoping to resolve my issues but it did not. Is there a firmware version I should be using for the hubs ? I have been having problems with harmony lately so maybe its logitech. Sorry to have blamed you when clearly it's something i have to troubleshoot properly just haven't had the time. It's just frustrating when this happens. Seems we have to do alot of babysitting to get it all working.
                          You should be on .250 firmware. This has the XMPP option. If you have newer, let me know.

Have you added any new network equipment or firewalls to your HS machine? another thing I thought was if you are using this in a language other than english. Like would you have any devices with non-standard english characters in it?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

You should be on .250 firmware. This has the XMPP option. If you have newer, let me know.

Have you added any new network equipment or firewalls to your HS machine? another thing I thought was if you are using this in a language other than english. Like would you have any devices with non-standard english characters in it?
                            I'm on .250 for both of my hubs and no new network equip. or firewalls. Should I have ports open? Everything's in English. I had interference on ch 11 on my router I've since changed to ch10, maybe that was the problem. The hubs have connected but I'm not convinced the interference is gone for good. I will give the plugin some more time thanks for your patience.

Comment

How may hubs do you have?
                              I have two. One is completely stable. The other drops now and then and requires the plugin to be restarted (I have this automated). The unstable hub also sometimes crashes or disconnected from the linked remote, and I have to reboot that remote. This leads me to think that maybe the hub itself has some hardware problem. I have a replacement hub ready to try, I'm just waiting for some sort of replace hub feature in the plugin so that I don't have to recreate devices and events when I do change it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X