No announcement yet.

Too Many Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Connection to Hub with ID failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.105:5222
    The Connection to Hub with ID failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)

Im not sure whats going on !

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I'm curious, if you have the issue and immediately restart the plugin, does that resolve the issue? Is it reproducible if you do this as soon as you get the error? I only ask because the plugin kills the client object when a disconnect occurs and upon reconnect it creates a whole new client object (which handles the communication) for the reconnect. This would be no different than restarting the plugin. If this does work for you I can check the code (and will probably do so anyways) to make sure it's killing the old client object correctly, but I'm about 99.999% sure it does (I have hub disconnects all the time with my 6 hubs... at least once a week and they reconnect fine)
      The above errors are repeating Im going to reboot the hub. I will post any errors after rebooting the hub.

Comment

Jun-10 9:22:36 PM Device Control Device: MeiHarmonyHub MeiHarmonyHub Living Room Hub to Connect (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Jun-10 9:22:29 PM Device Control Device: MeiHarmonyHub MeiHarmonyHub Living Room Hub to Disconnect (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        No errors after hub reboot. The wifi is still not right or the hub itself is junk
        not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
          Jun-10 9:22:36 PM Device Control Device: MeiHarmonyHub MeiHarmonyHub Living Room Hub to Connect (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Jun-10 9:22:29 PM Device Control Device: MeiHarmonyHub MeiHarmonyHub Living Room Hub to Disconnect (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          No errors after hub reboot. The wifi is still not right or the hub itself is junk
          not sure.
          did you restart the plugin when you restarted the hub? I've heard the power supplies can affect the network (well, inconsistent power). If you have another micro-usb power supply, you could try that to see if it improves.

Comment

No errors for 48 hours. I think my system has a grace period now. Question is... How long?

Comment

I am seeing the same errors. Just noticed it but it started 4 days ago. Was previously working fine. I am away from home at the moment but I did install a new plugin around about that time, and if I recall updated to v534.

I reboot the hub when I get home and see if this helps.

Marty
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I got home and rebooted the hub. The hub is working as the app and the remote control function fine.
                MeiHarmony (version 3.1.0.17) was working fine until the last few days running HomeSeer version 3.0.0.534.

These are the errors I'm getting (added a few x's on the hub ID for security):
                Jun-17 5:45:30 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID 4393a2d48757a64d6axxxxxxxxxxxxxx failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                Jun-17 5:45:30 PM Error The Connection to Hub with ID 4393a2d48757a64d6adaa6exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.83:5222
                Marty

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I haven't tried new power supplies yet, but I suspect that's what is going on. The hubs keep dropping connections so the plugin doesn't recover unless its restarted and/or hubs are rebooted seems there's no rhyme or reason. I don't see where you have to make an api call. Seems harmony maybe rejecting this plugins method of logging in ?

Comment

This might be the problem: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au.../1309427-error

My Android app says that the hub in "AWAY" mode. I presume this means the hub is connecting via the cloud and not locally. What does your app say under the 'Switch Hubs' menu? I think iOS does not provide such information. I can't ping it on my PC either.

I might try an extended powercycle (more than 30 minutes unplugged) and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                      This might be the problem: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au.../1309427-error

My Android app says that the hub in "AWAY" mode. I presume this means the hub is connecting via the cloud and not locally. What does your app say under the 'Switch Hubs' menu? I think iOS does not provide such information. I can't ping it on my PC either.

I might try an extended powercycle (more than 30 minutes unplugged) and see if that helps.
                      That is the issue I've experienced from time to time and only an extended power cycle works for me. It has only ever affected 2 hubs (and they always seem to always be affected at the same time!)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

That is the issue I've experienced from time to time and only an extended power cycle works for me. It has only ever affected 2 hubs (and they always seem to always be affected at the same time!)
                        I'm not clear on what version of the hub firmware you have. Mine is .250. But according to Logitech XMPP is now an option you can turn on or off via the app (https://community.logitech.com/s/que...l-api-via-xmpp).

Is this the version you are having to long power cycle?

Comment

I'm not clear on what version of the hub firmware you have. Mine is .250. But according to Logitech XMPP is now an option you can turn on or off via the app (https://community.logitech.com/s/que...l-api-via-xmpp).

Is this the version you are having to long power cycle?
                          Yes, that is the version I have to long power cycle.

Comment

I assume the errors are resolved ?

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
                              I assume the errors are resolved ?
                              Yes...see here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...rk#post1311818

Comment

Maybe this has some or nothing to do with my situation but thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X