Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Not Seeing Activities

Hi,

I've got XMPP enabled, that's all good. Version 3.1.0.17 of MeiHarmonyHub.

HS was seeing activities but for some reason in the past week or so it just doesn't but, HS does see the plugin, the plugin seems to report okay on startup etc and HS appears to see the hub fine.

No firewall issues or changes and app and web interface all work fine for the Harmony.

Discovery from the CP finds the hub and all seems well.

All I can think is that for some reason the plugin is not reporting to HS or, Harmony isn't reporting somehow.

I tried running commands from the web HS interface and that also fails so it would appear to me that for some reason the two aren't talking.

Rebooted all obviously and no change.

Any help to stop my head bursting from slapping it off a wall would be appreciated.

K.

Are you running Android? If so does the hub list as "Away" or "Connect" in the hub selection screen?

Comment

No not Android and I've not seen that shown anywhere.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
        No not Android and I've not seen that shown anywhere.

K.
        It only shows in the Android version. I think the iOS app always shows "connect" even if it's not on the same network. can you try and extended power cycle (like unplug it for 30 min). Ever since .250 (where the option to re-enable xmpp was introduced) I've had a few hubs that just refuse to connect "locally" even from the harmony app and they require going through the Logitech servers. Sometimes a good long power cycle solves this..

Comment

Too much babysitting?

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
            Too much babysitting?
            And what are you trying to say here? I'm genuinely asking.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try a long off period overnight and try it again tomorrow.

I saw what you meant and the hub, connected in the app, still wasn't playing nice.

K.

Comment

Im saying home automation in general involves too much babysitting.

Comment

Done that, got this:
                  Jun-11 20:33:53 Error The Connection to Hub with ID 4d97790b8239ead10bfdadcd15511434c0744087 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                  Jun-11 20:33:53 Error The Connection to Hub with ID 4d97790b8239ead10bfdadcd15511434c0744087 failed with message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.22:5222
                  Restrarted the plugin, will report back once I see if it's sorted.

K.

Comment

Nope, still not reporting activity changes to HS.

K.

Comment

Nope, still not reporting activity changes to HS.

K.
                      does it say it is connected?

Comment

No errors for 48 hours. I think my system has a grace period now. Question is... How long?

Comment

Nope still not working.

I tried removing the hub, rediscovering it and HS "sees" it fine as does all else.

Tried extended off periods, power removed.

K.

Comment

Nope still not working.

I tried removing the hub, rediscovering it and HS "sees" it fine as does all else.

Tried extended off periods, power removed.

K.
                            What do you mean by HS Sees it fine? So it is found during discovery?

Can you post a screen shot of your "general" settings?

Comment

I'm seeing similar issues. Control works fine mostly from Homeseer but activity changes I make using the remote no longer update Homeseer. So for example watch TV activity I start from Homeseer and it works, then I power off using the remote and HS forever thinks Watch TV activity is running still.

I also noticed the status for the parent device occasionally gets disconnected and needs to be connected again and FYI connected has too many "n" in spelling, it shows as connnected.

When HS doesn't know what activity is running if I click disconnect and then connect it works and updates the activity, almost seems the hub needs to be polled for activity changes and polling isn't running/ working maybe.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X