No announcement yet.

HS Not Seeing Activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed the plugin and installed the beta (3.0.1.17) - seems to be working again. Keeping fingers crossed.

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dennismccreery View Post
      Removed the plugin and installed the beta (3.0.1.17) - seems to be working again. Keeping fingers crossed.

Regards,

Dennis
      sorry about missing yoru posts. Tapatalk seems to not be notifying me of posts anymore and it was my bday weekend so I've been not near the computer too much.

If you have problems with 3.0.0.17, let me know. A restart of the plugin should ignore the "forcefully disconnected" status and attempt to reconnect though. If you run into that again, turn on Debug Logging for the plugin and reattempt to restart the plugin. Then post the logs (or PM them to me).

Comment

Spoke too soon. Now Homeseer itself is locking up, have to reboot the system to make it work.

Dennis

Comment

Spoke too soon. Now Homeseer itself is locking up, have to reboot the system to make it work.

Dennis
          Can you link this back to the plugin? Is there anytihng in the Homeseer logs?

If possible can you turn on debug logging and let it run until a crash and then send me the logs in [hs3Installpath]/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub/MeiHarmonyHubYYYYMMDD.log where YYYYMMDD is the date.

Comment

I didn't have it in debug mode when it crashed, and I also didn't have HSSentry turned on. Should I put the whole system in debug logging mode or just the plugin?

Turned HSSentry on (it was off) and it seems to be working now. Here's a log from the latest crash (before I turned on HSSentry). This section appears to be where the crash occurred, the message "Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet." occurs over and over again as far back as I can go:

Jun-26 14:38:19 Startup ************************************************************ ********************
            Jun-26 14:38:19 Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.534 Edition: HS3 Standard (SEL) Starting Now
            Jun-26 14:38:19 Startup ************************************************************ ********************
            Jun-26 14:38:19 Startup
            Jun-26 14:38:18 Startup Settings Loaded.
            Jun-26 14:38:18 Warning HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started.
            Jun-26 14:38:18 Startup Loading Settings
            Jun-26 08:34:23 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
            Jun-26 08:33:52 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
            Jun-26 08:33:24 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
            Jun-26 08:32:52 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
            Attached Files

Comment

I didn't have it in debug mode when it crashed, and I also didn't have HSSentry turned on. Should I put the whole system in debug logging mode or just the plugin?

Turned HSSentry on (it was off) and it seems to be working now. Here's a log from the latest crash (before I turned on HSSentry). This section appears to be where the crash occurred, the message "Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet." occurs over and over again as far back as I can go:

Jun-26 14:38:19 Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.534 Edition: HS3 Standard (SEL) Starting Now
              Jun-26 14:38:19 Startup
              Jun-26 14:38:18 Startup Settings Loaded.
              Jun-26 14:38:18 Warning HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started.
              Jun-26 14:38:18 Startup Loading Settings
              Jun-26 08:34:23 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Jun-26 08:33:52 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Jun-26 08:33:24 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Jun-26 08:32:52 Warning Plugin MeiHarmonyHub is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              I would need the plugin's debug turned on. In the plugin settings you don't need to set the HS Logging level (thats only for logging to the HS logs if you want), you just need to check Debug Logging which logs to file.

Comment

Not sure if this is correct but hope it helps.

K.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok, turned HSSentry back off and put the MeiHarmonyHub logging in Debug mode (does it log into the main Homeseer log or somewhere else?) I'll wait for the next incident to see what's in the logs.

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

It logs to [hs3InstallPath]/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub/MeiHarmonyHubYYYYMMDD.log where YYYYMMDD is the date. will be log for each date with a maximum of 10 log files. I'll only need the one with the date of the error or at most that one and the day before (in case it spans more than 1 day).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                      It logs to [hs3InstallPath]/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub/MeiHarmonyHubYYYYMMDD.log where YYYYMMDD is the date. will be log for each date with a maximum of 10 log files. ...
                      Interestingly (or not) in my case the logs are directly at: [hs3InstallPath]/Logs/
                      no sub-directory.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

Interestingly (or not) in my case the logs are directly at: [hs3InstallPath]/Logs/
                        no sub-directory.
                        I may have changed that starting with the MeiUnifi plugin to keep the logs directory cleaner for users. My bad.

Comment

Is there any way to get to these logs via the Homeseer Web UI? Or do I need to connect to the Linux instance?

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

Is there any way to get to these logs via the Homeseer Web UI? Or do I need to connect to the Linux instance?

Regards,

Dennis
                            I use a free plug-in to get to files on my HS machine, but I think it is a windows only plug-in. I don't know of any way just using the HS UI.

Comment

Regards,

Dennis
                              You could output to your HS logs, but it makes it really hard for me to go through them. You can use a program like WinSCP to connect to your linux install and grab the logs. You will need credentials for connection to the machine. I'll try and dig up instructions today/tonight.

Comment

Finally figured out how to connect and pull the logs. Sent you a link in a PM.

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                                X