Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to get Harmony Smart Remote Add-On remotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to get Harmony Smart Remote Add-On remotes?

Not really plugin related, but at our house we use the Smart Remote Add-on remotes for the kids. I was gonna buy another one for an Elite I purchases end of last year, but I see they are no longer for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where to get one or know if they have been discontinued?!
    MeiAutomtion Home

There are still some on eBay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Ha...AAAOSwV7Nc~VhM

Comment

Those are for the hubs and smart remote add-on together (but still that is a great price). You used to be able to buy the remote and add it to any hub (if your remote broke for instance). You could only have 1 smart remote add-on at a time, but it was great for replacing remotes that the kids trashed while keeping the touchscreen remotes out of their grubby little hands.
      MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Logitech confirmed via a support message. They are no longer making the Smart Remote Add-on remotes. Which means if you're remote dies if you don't want to use your phone, you are required to buy a whole new hub. Perhaps this is not a huge issue, but around here I've purchased an extra remove for 4 of my 5 hubs. 1 of those has already been replaced because kids got one we, and 2 of the others were because the remotes that came with the hubs stopped working or were broken by the kids.
        MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

This is certainly a negative for us. I wonder what their business case for dropping them is...

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
            This is certainly a negative for us. I wonder what their business case for dropping them is...
            Not sure. I was told that now if my elite breaks, I can buy a 950 to replace it with (it will pair with the hub). However, that means my $30 replacement remote is now $140?!?
            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

This doesn't match with the thread title, but.... FYI:
              https://electronics.woot.com/offers/...e-remote-w-hub

Comment

This doesn't match with the thread title, but.... FYI:
                https://electronics.woot.com/offers/...e-remote-w-hub
                I missed it!!! It's ok, I got the same one for $119 from the UK. It came with UK plugs, but I've had to RMA some to logitech and they always tell you to keep the power cables, so I had some spares.

Still..I might have picked up an extra if I saw that..darn!! (It was OOS when I went).
                MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Harmony Elite on sale at Woot again for the next 15 hours or till sold out. $139 for refurb elite and hub.

www.woot.com/category/electronics?ref=w_gh_el_4

Comment

Harmony Elite on sale at Woot again for the next 15 hours or till sold out. $139 for refurb elite and hub.

www.woot.com/category/electronics?ref=w_gh_el_4
                    Thanks joegr . The West Coasters usually miss out on these due to the time difference but I got one this time.

Thanks again,
                    Ken

Comment

Reconditioned Harmony Elite and hub for sale again, $153

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/...remote-w-hub-2

Comment

I picked up a 950 on eBay (minus the hub) for about $130 (refurb) and it paired with the existing hub, no problem. I guess you can have multiple remotes paired to the same hub as my old remote still works with the hub?

Comment

Working...
                        X