Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mminehan is correct. The hubs should maintain their connection even when your WAN connection is down unless Logitech has changed something (Which I wouldn't put past them). I have had issues with running the hubs long term without WAN for some reason, but short spans of time I've never encountered it (< 1 day).

Did it give the generic remove device refused connection message?

Comment

When my Internet went down the errors listed below started occurring. This leads me to believe that the hubs are communicating with Logitech servers.

On a a related note, how quickly does an activity start when selected? I ask because for us it can take upwards of 30 seconds, again leading me to believe that the start activity routes to Logitech and then back to the hub.

Attached Files
      Michael

Comment

Here is the about screen from the Harmony app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD4D8397-D075-4BD3-BF79-6CCECC0C93F7.jpeg
Views:	736
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1314443
        Michael

Comment

I don't have any iOS devices but can you check if the hub in in local ("Connect") mode or "Away" mode? For Android devices this is displayed when you try and "Switch Hubs'.

As for the 30 second delay, is that for the plugin or the app controlling the hub? Both my Android app and the plugin are almost instant in terms of responsiveness.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Activities (triggered from HS) always start right away for me, but can take some time to complete and update as complete.

Comment

That is weird that you get errors as soon as you lose internet. I still have to check this, but I've never noticed it.

As for activities starting, it depends on the size of the activity. The hub had 2-3 triggers, when an activity is started, when it completed, and when the hub updates it's internal activity (last 2 are pretty much the same time wise). I have some that can take a long time to start up just from the devices and delays I have in the activity sequence. If it's always 30 seconds, that is odd.

Comment

Is there a definitive way to determine if we are running local or through the cloud? We have iOS devices.

Thanks
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                  Is there a definitive way to determine if we are running local or through the cloud? We have iOS devices.

Thanks
                  Yes.
                  Select about.
                  Select versions.

The 2nd row will have the hub name on the left. If there is a cloud symbol on the right, then you are through the cloud and not local. If there is nothing on the right, then you are local.

Comment

Then it looks like I am local as per post #18.

Edit: restarted my router and the errors started and the LED on the Hub turned red. Once the router was back online, the LED returned to green.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8547BBCF-0743-4822-9FA4-25DC98D59C12.png Views:	0 Size:	255.2 KB ID:	1314885

Click image for larger version

Name:	58E294F9-D735-4C17-AA41-A8000CF310BD.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1314886
                    Michael

Comment

Edit: restarted my router and the errors started and the LED on the Hub turned red. Once the router was back online, the LED returned to green.
                      So does that mean you have fixed your problem? Is the plugin connecting to the hub?

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Not really - I stop and start the plugin daily and believe I am losing a connection to the hubs because I’m not really connecting locally.
                        Michael

Comment

Not really - I stop and start the plugin daily and believe I am losing a connection to the hubs because I’m not really connecting locally.
                          Weird. And you definitely have 'optimise network' off and the broadcast filtering under wireless networks is unchecked in the unifi controller?
                          Also....I noticed is the app says it's never been synced. Not sure that makes any difference or not, but can't hurt to sync the app and hub.

Comment

Then it looks like I am local as per post #18.

This is normal if your router provides wifi. The hub light should turn red when it loses wifi and turns green when it connects again.

Comment

My router is a USG 3P which is not an AP. I have two AP AC PROs for wireless.
                              Michael

Comment

My router is a USG 3P which is not an AP. I have two AP AC PROs for wireless.
                                Michael, I have similar setup what i’ve Found is if your hub is at the fringes of your AP range or if your AP channel activity seems to be too busy that at times the WiFi connection will become intermittent. What does your device history show for the hub in question. Also look at your AP that your Hub is connecting to I have an AP that restarts several times a day (believe it has something to do with my CAT 5 cable because my other two APs are ON continuously) MT2, Mike
                                Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                                Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                                HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X