Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting repeated errors when I go to enable plugin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting repeated errors when I go to enable plugin.

I have the HomeTroller Zee S2 and after installing the plugin I am getting some weird problems. I have tried a few things after reading through many of the forum posts but didnt find anything that matched my problem. I keep getting a Connection failed with message Expected element 'item', but found 'Harmony' in namespace '' error at 1254. I provided a picture of the repeated errors. They show up about once every couple seconds.
    Attached Files

Chances are you have an older version of Mono installed. YOu willl need to upgrade to Mono 5 for this plugin to work.

Here is HomeSeer's instructions: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...date-to-mono-5
    here is another post from another plugin that gives some details on how to check what version is installed: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...er-is-required
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Looks like I am running Mono 3.2.8. Tried the update method from the first link and it didnt update so going to look through the second link and see what I can figure out.

Version info:

Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4+rpi1)
      Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
      TLS: __thread
      SIGSEGV: normal
      Notifications: epoll
      Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
      Disabled: none
      Misc: softdebug
      LLVM: supported, not enabled.
      GC: sgen

Comment

Ok, yeah, it will be a mono issue. I think some others have done the upgrade and help out. I'll help out as much as I can, but I've never had to do it before.
        MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

I got it working.

I was first getting an error that there was an unmet dependency in libcairo2. So I ran "sudo apt-get install libcairo2" took a while but finally installed. At which point I tried the "sudo sh mono5_zees2.sh" but again it errored out for unmet dependancy. It looked like it was having trouble installing mono-devel even though that was in the sh script. So i turned off homeseer and tried it manually with "sudo apt-get install mono-devel" at which point it installed properly, even installing mono-complete.

I then verified the version I was running running "mono --version" and it nurtured with "5.18.1.0". So I rebooted everything started up properly and I was able to enable MeiHarmonyHub without errors.

Thanks for the help Frank

Comment

Originally posted by logicmax View Post
            I got it working.

I was first getting an error that there was an unmet dependency in libcairo2. So I ran "sudo apt-get install libcairo2" took a while but finally installed. At which point I tried the "sudo sh mono5_zees2.sh" but again it errored out for unmet dependancy. It looked like it was having trouble installing mono-devel even though that was in the sh script. So i turned off homeseer and tried it manually with "sudo apt-get install mono-devel" at which point it installed properly, even installing mono-complete.

I then verified the version I was running running "mono --version" and it nurtured with "5.18.1.0". So I rebooted everything started up properly and I was able to enable MeiHarmonyHub without errors.

Thanks for the help Frank
            awesome! Glad you got it working! Let me know if you run into any other issues.
            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Working...
            X