Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hub Fails to connect until rebooted - anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub Fails to connect until rebooted - anyone else?

Anyone else have this problem? ...

Recently my Hub, while working fine using the physical remote & android app, BUT it doesnt respond / connect to the MeiHarmonyHub plugin -- and will not reconnect until I unplug/replug the power... then MHH auto-reconnects.

I know there is an issue when I start seeing this message 2 to 4 times every minute...

he Connection to Hub with ID cdfad05e64d92d2f2027ffe3b71c223ec53f566b failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.52:5222

I'm not sure what causes this. The difference between the Phone app and the plugin is that the plugin uses XMPP while the phone uses the web socket connection.

Normally when I see issues like that it's generally network related, but since restarting the hub fixes it, I'm not sure. Can you send me the settings you have on the general tab of the MHH configs?
    Thanks,
    Frank

Comment

Restarting the plugin usually fixes my problem

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
        Restarting the plugin usually fixes my problem
        Same here. I restart the plugin at 5am every day.
        Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

I will look at adding an option to essentially "restart" everything in the plugin on a schedule.
          Thanks,
          Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            I will look at adding an option to essentially "restart" everything in the plugin on a schedule.
            I have an event that disables the plug-in if a hub is in the disconnected or forcefully disconnected state for more than two and a half minutes. It is re-enabled one minute after that. I have it limited to do that no more than once an hour. This seems to work 90% of the time, with the 2nd attempt an hour later always working.

Comment

That would resolve most of the problems people are having. I thought that's what the connect and disconnect buttons did, but I haven't investigated what those actually do.
              I guess you could incorporate the restart functionality into those buttons as well.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

I have an event that disables the plug-in if a hub is in the disconnected or forcefully disconnected state for more than two and a half minutes. It is re-enabled one minute after that. I have it limited to do that no more than once an hour. This seems to work 90% of the time, with the 2nd attempt an hour later always working.
                Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your event?
                Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post

That would resolve most of the problems people are having. I thought that's what the connect and disconnect buttons did, but I haven't investigated what those actually do.
                  I guess you could incorporate the restart functionality into those buttons as well.
                  the disconnect should completely wipe out the communication object and connect should create a new one. This should be the same exact same as a plugin restart from the perspective of talking to the hub. I think I can take this a step further and kill pretty much everything (timers, etc).
                  Thanks,
                  Frank

Comment

Hey, I don't expect any changes to address this, but I did want to make this observation. When the power fails (as it did this morning), and then comes back, it seems that HS and this plugin starts well before the hubs have booted back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your event?
                      No problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Event.png
Views:	91
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	1322206

Comment

Thanks
                        Michael

Comment

the disconnect should completely wipe out the communication object and connect should create a new one. This should be the same exact same as a plugin restart from the perspective of talking to the hub. I think I can take this a step further and kill pretty much everything (timers, etc).
                          Seems like it does not. Restarting the plugin every 12 hours may help.

Comment

Every 12 hours I'm reviewing everything anyway.

Comment

I'm not sure how long this has been going on for but this is what I've been getting.

Rebooting the Hub and Restarting the PI doesn't seem to correct it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-24_7-33-28.png
Views:	85
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1322544
                              Attached Files
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X