• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Just let’s hope it is not only reserved for pro
    Doesn't look promising. Fromthe product page I linked above:

HARMONY PRO 2400

Entertainment and home control — exclusively from your professional installer.
    -Wade

Comment

Based on my search of their available distributors this item has an MSRP of $549.99. To rich for my blood!

Comment

I just ordered 2 to play with thru a dealer I know. Will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Want to know him too lol

Comment

Could you verify if the buttons are backlit?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              I was talking about the hub we all know and love. I would love a version with just Ethernet (A la Philips Hue Hub). I get why they put in wireless, most people would use it and yeah, adding both would probably be cheap, but this is the company that put in crappy wifi with no other alternative in their hub. their pinching pennies so if i have to have one or the other, I personally choose ethernet.
              I agree with you. If Logitech wanted, they could add Ethernet (not PoE though) to the existing hub. The USB port is a data port, so why not sell or at least support a USB Ethernet adapter. Take the Amazon Fire TV stick; it has a USB port for powering the device but Amazon also sells a USB Ethernet adapter. If only someone sold one of those adapters that supported PoE. Anyway, Logitech could add Ethernet support if they wanted too.

Comment

Originally posted by lanbrown View Post

I agree with you. If Logitech wanted, they could add Ethernet (not PoE though) to the existing hub. The USB port is a data port, so why not sell or at least support a USB Ethernet adapter. Take the Amazon Fire TV stick; it has a USB port for powering the device but Amazon also sells a USB Ethernet adapter. If only someone sold one of those adapters that supported PoE. Anyway, Logitech could add Ethernet support if they wanted too.
                Since I knew the FireTVs and Chromecasts supported this and I know that the power plugin on the harmony actually is USB (due to the harmony extender you could buy), I tried an ethernet USB adapter, but no go I was really hoping it would work.

Comment

Since I knew the FireTVs and Chromecasts supported this and I know that the power plugin on the harmony actually is USB (due to the harmony extender you could buy), I tried an ethernet USB adapter, but no go I was really hoping it would work.
                  They would need to add support for it. Part of it would be the appropriate driver. This is something that Logitech could easily add though. It is something that they should add.

Comment

They would need to add support for it. Part of it would be the appropriate driver. This is something that Logitech could easily add though. It is something that they should add.
                    I agree. I own 6 hubs... all near ethernet ports. I don't care about POE (thought it would be nice), but Ethernet would solve a ton of issues these things have.

Comment

I agree. I own 6 hubs... all near ethernet ports. I don't care about POE (thought it would be nice), but Ethernet would solve a ton of issues these things have.
                      Have you contacted Logitech to "suggest" this? I've contacted them in the past regarding this. If they get enough requests, that might add it in.

Comment

I want to say I have, but I will contact them again just to be sure

Comment

This is what Logitech support had to say:

Thank you for writing back. I apologize as I will not be able to forward this as a feature request, please know that this concern has been brought up to our Product Management team already and this is the reason as to why we made the Harmony Pro 2400, the current Harmony Hub are not capable to deal with Ethernet as the micro USB port on this device is only there for power.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us.
                          Please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you,
                          Logitech Support
                          I'm not confident in their statement that the USB is only for power. If you use the MyHarmony App and connect the hub to the computer instead of the remote, it says you need to connect the remote and not the hub. So if the hub only had a USB port for power, then how does the MyHarmony app know the hub is there? There is obviously some data communication there. So it really appears that Logitech just doesn't want to add support and they would rather have people buy the Pro unit (which costs a lot more).

Comment

Also, when you use the harmony extender, it connects via USB. I guess it could just "know" that the device is there and connect wirelessly, but that seems pretty wasteful and unsecure.

Comment

This is what Logitech support had to say:

I'm not confident in their statement that the USB is only for power. If you use the MyHarmony App and connect the hub to the computer instead of the remote, it says you need to connect the remote and not the hub. So if the hub only had a USB port for power, then how does the MyHarmony app know the hub is there? There is obviously some data communication there. So it really appears that Logitech just doesn't want to add support and they would rather have people buy the Pro unit (which costs a lot more).
                              Which might at least be an option if the 2400 wasn't only available through dealers.

Comment

Which might at least be an option if the 2400 wasn't only available through dealers.
                                Which I don't understand! why not let others buy it? It's not like its a complicated system to set up!

Comment

Working...
                                X