Hub randomly disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub randomly disconnects

One of my hubs randomly disconnects, the only way to get it to reconnect is to reboot HS3. My other hub does not have this trouble. I have attached is the debug log.

I also noticed that on the Device Config page, that when I select either of my hubs nothing happens. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen, but I assume that some configuration options will appear once you select a hub.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1340015

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
    One of my hubs randomly disconnects, the only way to get it to reconnect is to reboot HS3....
    Next time this happens, try disabling the plugin, and then re-enabling it. If this works (does for me), you can create an event to automatically recover using a free plugin.

...I also noticed that on the Device Config page, that when I select either of my hubs nothing happens. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen, but I assume that some configuration options will appear once you select a hub.
    You aren't the only one having this issue. It used to work...

Comment

I've never had this issue, but it is on my plate to completely redo the reconnect logic to ensure the plugin clears out the old connection.

Comment

please bear with me while I try and carver out time from this. My project's deadline at work was pushed back, but I'm hoping that comes with lighter workdays to give me more time with family and for stuff like working on the plugins (which I genuinely enjoy)

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

Next time this happens, try disabling the plugin, and then re-enabling it. If this works (does for me), you can create an event to automatically recover using a free plugin.

You aren't the only one having this issue. It used to work...
          Thanks for the tip. I will setup an event using Jon00's Plugin to disable/enable the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            please bear with me while I try and carver out time from this. My project's deadline at work was pushed back, but I'm hoping that comes with lighter workdays to give me more time with family and for stuff like working on the plugins (which I genuinely enjoy)
            While I wait for your solution, I am going to try a temporary solution by disabling and re-enabling the plugin when it disconnects.

Any thoughts on this issue:
            I also noticed that on the Device Config page, that when I select either of my hubs nothing happens. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen, but I assume that some configuration options will appear once you select a hub.

Comment

While I wait for your solution, I am going to try a temporary solution by disabling and re-enabling the plugin when it disconnects.

Any thoughts on this issue:
              will check this out. My workload has started to go own at my day job so i'm hoping to start jumping into the plugins really soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

will check this out. My workload has started to go own at my day job so i'm hoping to start jumping into the plugins really soon.
                Thanks Sirmeli.

Probably once a day a hub randomly disconnects and I have to disable and re-enable the plugin to get it working again.

Comment

I hate to ask since you've clearly been busy at your "'real job" and it's been the holiday season too.

This is one of my favorite and most used plugins... Over the last month or a little more this has been hanging more than it's been working for me. I use it in conjunction with an older iPad and HSTouch. It's a wonderfully powerful combination that beats the crap out of any remote you can buy. It didn't used to hang, or if it did I never isolated it to the plugin as it happened rarely. These posts seemed to have started about the same time. That could just be a coincidence, but does seem kind of relevant? Other things controlled via the iPad and HSTouch keep working. Shutting down and restarting the plugin only works sometimes and often even when it does it stops again shortly afterwards. So a few quick q's...

Did Harmony change something again as well?
                  Any idea when the rewrite will be available?
                  And one obvious one...When it clears the connection out it will fully reestablish it automatically?

and...not meaning to be too pushy (really since I know this has to chew up a ton of your time)...but will there be an HS4 version as well soon? I hate to ask that but I'm thinking of rebuilding my whole install when HS4 comes out as there are a number of things I would do differently after a couple year of using HS3. Since there are so many control functions that have to be rebuilt on the iPAD/HSTouch/This plugin (it took me almost a whole day to rebuild this once) it'd be great to have some idea of any timelines. If there's not one yet, that's fine too...so just asking.

Thanks!

Comment

My understanding is that HS4 will include Harmony hub control. I don't know if it will be based on this plugin or something completely different.
                    It looks (but I certainly don't know) like support for this plugin has reached an end...

Comment

Yes, life has been settling down. I've been going over the new plugin's code (From simplextech) and looking into bugs in my existing plugins. I don't have any releases ready yet for bugs like this, but I'm still looking at that rewrite.

As far as HS4 goes, HST wrote their own version for HS4. I have tried mine and as is it works Ok, but not great. Mine does have more features than theirs, but if you aren't using those features I guess their's is the way to go for HS4.

As of right now I don't have any plans to create a whole new HS4 version (Because HS4 plugins are not backwards compatible it would mean I have to support 2 separate versions), but since HS3 plugins are supposed to work, mine should work fine in HS4. I haven't done extensive testing though.

Comment

An hs4 version would be only usefull when (and if) hs4 really extend the fonctions of hs3

Comment

I plan to keep this plugin... since it has more fonction.

Comment

Thanks for the update and so glad to hear you'll keep working on this!!! ...and I'll be honest here. I'm very torn on my feelings between what an automation product should do inherently and all the work developers do for their products that make them attractive before they are.

+1 on keeping on using your plugin...

Comment

I also have the problem that, at some time, the plug-in disconnects. Can’t connect and have to restart homeseer to get the plugin working again. Using plugin version 3.1.0.18 with betaversion homeseer 4. I also intend on keeping on using your plugin. I am a Dutch user of your plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X