Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadmap / Update to control Home Automation Devices

Hey sirmeili,

I'm just curious how the ability to control Home Automation devices it going. Any chance this will make it into a upcoming release? Thanks!

Features that are in the R&D stage
    • Controlling Home Automation Devices controlled via the Harmony Hub
      • The Harmony Hub can control Home Automation devices such as the Nest Thermostat, Ecobee thermostat, Philips Hue, etc. In addition, with the Harmony Hub Extender installed, z-wave and zigbee devices can be controlled by the hub.
      • There has been some limited success using the plugin to not only control, but monitor these devices in near real time without polling (testing so far limited to Philips Hue and a Zigbee bulb controlled via the Hub extender).

Lol, I think this is dead.

Comment

The Harmony Hub Extender was discontinued over a year ago. I wouldn't want Frank wasting any time developing for a dead-end piece of hardware.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I sitll have the extender. in a private version of hte plugin (only mine) I am able to control a zigbee light build. I would like to potentially add Nest Thermostat, Philips Hue, and any other ones, but I've just prioritized items over it.

When the extender was discontinued it was a sign most people would never use it. I think that was a mistake on their part, or maybe not. The extender opens up a lot of possibilities for us.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          I sitll have the extender. in a private version of hte plugin (only mine) I am able to control a zigbee light build. I would like to potentially add Nest Thermostat, Philips Hue, and any other ones, but I've just prioritized items over it.

When the extender was discontinued it was a sign most people would never use it. I think that was a mistake on their part, or maybe not. The extender opens up a lot of possibilities for us.
          Just curious, were you able to see any status from other devices?

nvm , got the answer here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...58#post1374558

Comment

Working...
          X