Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you take all thoses plugins??

Hi Sirmeli,

why did you take in charge all John’s plugins... if you do not have the time to correct the issues on your own plugins? You should have left them to another dev?

No implications from you since he gaves you theses plugins...

are you plugins abandoware?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevoangel View Post
      No implications from you since he gaves you theses plugins...

are you plugins abandoware?
      I hate to speak on behalf of Frank but I do talk with him a lot. I know he's been super busy with his real job and at the moment he's on a much needed short vacation to try and recoup some sanity. I know his plugins are not abandoned.

Comment

Ok sorry for this thanks Jonh.

Comment

Ok sorry for this thanks Jonh.
          Welcome. I sent Frank a message offline as well letting him know there's some concern. I made the decision to give my plugins to the developers I did because I knew they would be capable of improving them and supporting them properly.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

Welcome. I sent Frank a message offline as well letting him know there's some concern. I made the decision to give my plugins to the developers I did because I knew they would be capable of improving them and supporting them properly.
            Agreed...thanks. I think the concern here is that he told everybody he would be back after the holidays and then appeared on the forums for just a few days and then suddenly disappeared again for over a month. There's several of his plugins. I own and a few more that I'd like to buy that I'm just waiting on hold for to see if he ever comes back. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

Agreed...thanks. I think the concern here is that he told everybody he would be back after the holidays and then appeared on the forums for just a few days and then suddenly disappeared again for over a month. There's several of his plugins. I own and a few more that I'd like to buy that I'm just waiting on hold for to see if he ever comes back. :-)
              I'm sure he'll be back <arnold voice>

Comment

I am back. I'm having a hard time adjusting to my new role at work, working on the plugins, plus having to now move my office to the shed (which requires running eletrical, data, etc). Last week I was on PTO and wasn't anywhere near my computer. Since Tapatalk stopped working for these forums, I don't get notified as much to the posts building up.

Please note that I have started some rewrites on John's plugins to use my library which makes it easier for me to debug them. I am also doing some rewrite of this plugin (MeiHarmonyHub) around the connection code plus trying to set up scenarios around testing MeiUnifi issues which my setup currently can't reproduce due to limited equipment.

Comment

Great to see you back Frank

Comment

Glad you are back, Frank. Looking forward to the connection improvements. I have tons of problems with the plugin losing hub connections. Restart of the plugin always fixes it. The connect button does not help when they are disconnected.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by kevins669 View Post
                      Glad you are back, Frank. Looking forward to the connection improvements. I have tons of problems with the plugin losing hub connections. Restart of the plugin always fixes it. The connect button does not help when they are disconnected.

Thanks again.
                      Yeah, I added logic to not "connnect' if the lpugin thinks it's connected. I'm rippping that out. Pressing connect will now (after I release it), disconnect or kill the connection, then start again from scratch. I hope this fixes any issues people are having. I was trying to be "too smart" about ti.

Comment

Glad to see your back

Comment

Do you think you’ll have time to resolve this issue ?https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...turning-of-hs3

thanks

Comment

Hi Sirmeli,

why did you take in charge all John’s plugins... if you do not have the time to correct the issues on your own plugins? You should have left them to another dev?
                            I retire what I said . So i ask you the question again. Should we just move from your plugins?

Comment

I retire what I said . So i ask you the question again. Should we just move from your plugins?
                              Sorry, it has been a crazy year for me. My time I was able to spend on plugins went form a couple of hours a day to maybe hours a week. I took John's plugins because I wanted to support them. I just went through another transition at work, so adjusting to my new role is taking time for me. I'm sorry. I do plan on supporting them and lots of refactors have been done, but not released yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X