new 2400 Hub not discoverable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new 2400 Hub not discoverable

i just installed a Pro2400 hub. Trying to add to HS3 but the PI doesn't recognize it. (i have 3 older hubs installed).
    Tried auto-discover, and also tried manual IP for both the wired and wireless nets.
    Help please? Might be on my end but this is a fairly new device model so wanted to reach out before i spend too much time debugging.
    Thanks in advance and i'm here to help if needed.

Fixed. Checked the debug log and when i saw port 5222 being rejected I remembered that XMPP needs to manually be enabled. Uhgg.
    Sorry for the error on my end. But at least i can confirm the pro 2400 works. And while i'm at it, I appreciate all the efforts on this PI. -m

Comment

You are the first to try this...what do you think of the 2400? How's the LAN connection, etc?

also if you don't mind me asking, how were you able to purchase?

Comment

I really want to replace all mine with the Pro2400, but cost and availability have stopped me. I think the POE (just Ethernet in general) will solve tons of issues with the hub.

Comment

Agreed. .dying to hear monument feeeback on it

Comment

Originally posted by monument View Post
            i just installed a Pro2400 hub. Trying to add to HS3 but the PI doesn't recognize it. (i have 3 older hubs installed).
            Tried auto-discover, and also tried manual IP for both the wired and wireless nets.
            Help please? Might be on my end but this is a fairly new device model so wanted to reach out before i spend too much time debugging.
            Thanks in advance and i'm here to help if needed.
            Where did you buy the hub?

Comment

Hi guys -- sorry slow reply... first, i have a (small) side business and am a dealer (hence have ability to buy from distribution).

I agree on need for wired enet -- and we can all thank Pike (Harmony product manager) for making it happen. Logitech admits that they don't serve the pro installer market well enough, and are trying to improve, but may take a while. For example, they also need to support directly controlling IP devices -- i have a large Just Add Power network and I really wish the Harmony hub would control it natively.

All that said, the 2400 is nice, but not revolutionary. It's basically the Hub with an RJ-45 jack and 6 assignable IR emitters. But you already know that as it's all on the web.

I replaced a hub which would continually lose IP on WiFi -- was driving me bats^&% crazy. Already all my hubs are plugged into zwave switches and have HS3 events to reboot them when they go offline. It kinda works, but not always....

The 2400 has been in place for about a week now, and i think it's solid. It did go offline (unrecoverable) once or twice early on, but i may have caused that when doing other network stuff. Recently it's been good, but still too early to declare success.

I haven't figured out (yet) how to turn the WiFi off. I'm just assuming it's using the wired connection. Will ask Harmony about that.

Finally, the 6 outputs are super nice. I removed an IR repeater hub (which I hated), as i can now support all emitters direct from 2400. And the size (it's wide but low slung) is nice -- i have it on a 6" rack shelf (middle atlantic) and it looks great.

I'll come back in a week or two with more info and a longer-term reliability report. -m

Comment

Just a quick update as promised. The 2400 has been rock solid for a week+ running on wired ethernet. The hub it replaced would fail at least once/day on WiFi.
                So I conclude it's a winner, at least for me in this situation. Of course I have other hubs that are very reliable on WiFi, so this isn't fundamentally a Logitech/Harmony issue.

One final thing -- i forgot to mention that the 2400 also has an SMA antenna that screws on (like on a wifi router for example) -- so in theory you could use a coax cable to put the hub far away from the user (RF remote), like in the basement or something.

Comment

Thanks for update. Just curious, is it pretty much the same remote as the ultimate with just the upgraded hub?

Comment

it's the same remote as the ELITE (not ultimate). It has the touchscreen at top and the home automation buttons at bottom.

Still working well: i've installed a full Just Add Power (HDMI over IP) system which requires an API call to the IP switch (in basement) to change the TV source. I'm using simple HS3 events triggered by the harmony activity start to send the command to J+P to select the correct Transmitter (source) for that TV's Receiver. I was worried about this being reliable, but so far it's working great.

Comment

Originally posted by monument View Post
                      it's the same remote as the ELITE (not ultimate). It has the touchscreen at top and the home automation buttons at bottom.
                      I wonder if you can just get the hub, even if it was just thru a dealer?

Comment

monument if You don't mind, can you contact me about buying one or give me pricing? I want to have one for testing and for my main living room.

Comment

sirmeili i'm getting an error trying to PM you. please contact me privately if you can. thx

Comment

What's the latest on this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

sirmeili --- PM is giving an error again.... i tried to write -- says you've exceeded your PM quota. ??
                              anyway, watch for incoming. and we're all good -- just a way to say thanks for all you do on PIs. -m

Comment

Working...
                              X