Plug-in doesn't see new hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in doesn't see new hubs

I just replaced my 3 Home Ultimates with Elites. Now the plug-in will not see the hubs. I feel like I have done all the correct steps, but maybe I'm missing something.
    • Configured all the hubs, one at a time by copying the configurations from our old remotes. The remotes work beautifully with all three systems
    • I used the Harmony desktop software to upload the XMPP enabled software
    • I removed the old hubs, deleted their DHCP reservations and created reservations for the new hubs
    • I deleted all of the homeseer devices and removed the hubs from the plug-ins
    • I scanned for new hubs and the plug-in found all three
    • I enabled all hubs and added activities and devices for all three
    • Restarted HomeSeer and waited 10 minutes
    • NO devices other than the plug-in root were created.
    Hopefully this is me and not Harmony, because I'm committed to these Elites, largely because one of our Ultimates has a badd touch screen and another intermittently will not work.

Can anyone point out anything I might have missed?

Plug-in 3.1.0.18
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Did you make sure XMPP is enabled on the hub? I don't think it is by default.

Add/Edit Devices and activities, Remote and Hub. It's the last option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

What about the Display Filters in the HomeSeer Web UI?

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
        Did you make sure XMPP is enabled on the hub? I don't think it is by default.

Add/Edit Devices and activities, Remote and Hub. It's the last option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        Thank you! That was the step I was missing. I have a new management job at a big box retailer and by the end of each very long day, I am beat physically and mentally. I didn't (and still don't) remember that step.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          What about the Display Filters in the HomeSeer Web UI?

Eman.
          Good suggestion, however I always filter on the plug-in type and enable all of Location 1 and Location 2, to prevent that from being an issue. With over 1600 devices I really try to avoid using "Show All", so only filtering on the plug-in type will always show the devices.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. I hate that they require us to do the XMPP switch. One day I want to pull out the websocket code I started in Dec 2018 (I kept it, but just don't use it right now)

Comment

Based on performance , will there be any diff between xmpp and websocket?

Comment

I don't think so. I'm hoping that for some the connection will be more stable. I plan on keeping both and allowing the user to choose the one that works best for them.

Alternatively it will also allow you to use the plugin without agreeing to the stupid XMPP requirements, but under the condition the user recognizes that Logitech as agreed to not touch XMPP, but I can't say that an update won't break the Web Socket connection.

Comment

thanks Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    Glad you got it figured out. I hate that they require us to do the XMPP switch. One day I want to pull out the websocket code I started in Dec 2018 (I kept it, but just don't use it right now)
                    It’s working fine here. I just needed a refresher. As you wrote above, the only issue I have is very infrequent connection issues with one of the hubs.

Comment

Have you tried the new version? I simplified the connect/disconnect logic to try and make sure that it clears out the connection object.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        Have you tried the new version? I simplified the connect/disconnect logic to try and make sure that it clears out the connection object.
                        I’m running 3.1.0.18 since I noticed it in the updater. I do not recall seeing a disconnect since installing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X