Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing in regards to HS3/HS4 shift

Hi!

I'm interested in your plugin but would like to know what to do in regards to HS4 that is on it´s way.
    I plan to move to HS4 (have already bought the license) within a few months but would like to use your plugin already now for HS3.
    Would I then need to by a new license from you for moving to HS4?

Regards
    Fredrik

I have no plans on upgrading the plugin to HS4. When I have more time I will check if it works in HS4 as is. Note that HST decided to write their own Harmony implementation and it's included in HS4. It is not as feature filled as mine, but if you are only looking for basic control and monitoring, it will work for you.
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I have no plans on upgrading the plugin to HS4. When I have more time I will check if it works in HS4 as is. Note that HST decided to write their own Harmony implementation and it's included in HS4. It is not as feature filled as mine, but if you are only looking for basic control and monitoring, it will work for you.
      This brings up a question. Since your plugin uses direct connection, do you know if the HS version does as well or does it use polling?
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 449
      Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

It is direct via xmpp.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Ok, I'll consider what to do then. Thank you for your respons!

Comment

I'm in the same situation as the original poster, I have purchased an HS4 licence and want to start using HomeSeer with my 2 Harmony Hubs. I've been trying to determine if the HS version of the Harmony plugin is available in the Beta version (not yet installed beta, but willing to test if plugin is available), but more generally my reason for posting here is because I would also like to understand what the key feature differences are between MeiHarmonyHub and the HS version. Can you elaborate any further on your comments re it not having as many features? A comparison table of features would be great and I suspect useful to others as well.

Comment

I don't currently have a list because I have not had time to run HS4, but couple times early in the private beta. I know mine has more features in that I allow you to send a string of commands to a device or devices and I think I have more flexibility in the configuration.
              MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

OK, understood. I appreciate the response. Considering everything, I will try and install HS4 Beta and try out the new functionality. If I find there are things I cannot do, then I will come back to this forum to find out if it can be done with your plugin.

Comment

I too am very curious about the differences between the two, if this plugin works in HS4 as is, and what it ultimately means if this PI doesn't get upgraded to a "HS4 version". I'm the proud new owner of 3 Hubs and am anxious to integrate them with HS. I am not yet on HS4, so if I could start now with this PI, all the better. However, if this PI will eventually stop working, even if not until HS5, it may not be the best bet.

I assume both plugins can control the Activity and also send IR commands to individual devices. I assume both plugins can support more than one hub.

Can this PI detect the home control button presses on the Companion remote?

Can this PI detect when the Activity changes by remote button press or cell phone control?

Can it detect anything else such as device state (on/off, playing/stopped), or other button presses on the remote or cell phone app?

Thanks!
                  HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Right now we've been told that all HS3 plugins should work on HS4 so I haven't put a lot of time into making a specific HS4 version as it would essentially double the amount of code I have to maintain (as I have no way of knowing how many of my users are on HS3 or HS4).

I don't know the major differences between the built in HS4 version. I know i have some more advanced actions and triggers/conditions and add the ability to create "virtual remotes" and support for multiple voice control devices for turning on/off activities from Google Home/Alexa.

This plugin can't tell when a button is pressed on a remote, no plugin can as the hub doesn't publish this data.

Yes, this plugin can tell when the activity is changed no matter who does the change or on what device that change is done.

This plugin cannot tell state, volumne, etc as the hub itself does not know these states.

I will keep this plugin going into future HS versions as long as I find there is a market for it. Mine is a bit more advanced than what they have so if you need/want those extra features then mine will continue to be there.

I am also doing a big code cleanup right now as well for the HS3 version (which like I said, should run on HS4).
                    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Just wanted to comment that I've been running this plugin on HS4 for over two months and it is rock solid. I don't see a need for an HS4 specific version.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                      X