2nd Hub Connection Unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Hub Connection Unstable

I use meiHarmonyHub to manage two Harmony Hubs. The first (by order of definition in the PI) is rock-solid. The second won't is not. On average, it loses connection at least once a day. Recovery is often as easy as restarting the PI, but sometimes requires a restart of the hub.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or, do I just have a bad hub/weak Wifi in the bedroom.

Yes, I have one that is pretty much trouble free. It also happens to be the first one in the plug-in. The second one has issues about once a week. I have an event to automatically correct it (by disabling and then re-enabling the plug-in). I only notice it because at the same time it has an issue, the remote with that hub will freeze up too.
    It's not an even comparison for me. The "good" one is right next to a WiFi access point. The "bad" one is not. I do have another hub to swap in and try, but I have been waiting for a possible feature to be added to the plug-in to make the swap easier than deleting the current hub and starting over with the replacement one.

Comment

These hubs are very sensitive to bad wifi because of the cheap wifi chips they put in. they are very sensitive if the power bricks are going bad (or so I've read). How is your wifi signal in the bedroom?

Comment

@sirmellii -- Wifi in bedroom is fine for other devices, but not adjacent to the router as is the one in the den. Thanks for the "cheap chips" tip.
        @jowfr -- I'm at least a bit relieved that someone else is seeing this problem. I've tried reconnecting the hub, restarting the PI and restarting the hub. Sometimes one works, sometimes other. I've thought of putting an HS-controllable power source to reset the hub...maybe.

Comment

If you were using the "production" version, it was for some reason still .16 even though I know I submitted .18 for approval. For now I have increased the version number on both the production and the beta to 3.1.0.19 and pushed it up. You can access the beta now, the production one tomorrow. They are the same exact version.

Note that post .16 I had some connection changes in there that might help recover better from forceful disconnects.

Comment

Working...
          X