Hub Stopped Working and Reporting Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Stopped Working and Reporting Errors

I have 3 hubs and all were working OK (for a couple years) until the last couple of days.
    One of the Hubs is not working and logging the following errors (see below).
    - The hub works fine with the Android App
    - I've tried restarting Homeseer
    - I've tried disabling and enabling the plugin
    - I've tried installing v3.1.0.18 of the plugin
    - When you run discovery, the plugin finds all the hubs
    - All the hubs have static IP addresses
    - Running HS3 Pro
    Thanks in advance for any help...Ken

Errors (I replaced the actual ID with "xxx" prior to posting the log)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Connection to Hub with ID xxx failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)

The Connection to Hub with ID xxx failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.179:5222

While you are waiting for sirmeili to respond, you may want to install version 3.1.0.22 (in the beta section). This version does more debug logging (to the plugin's log file, not the HS log).

Comment

When I had a similar problem, rebooting Homeseer and each hub fixed the issue. If you have not yet done that, probably worth a try.

Comment

Thanks, I've reset both the Hub and Homeseer. Didn't help.

Comment

This is purely a network issue. You can try temporarily turning off the firewall on the system or your router if you have them set up. Note that Discovery uses a different protocol to find hubs, so it is very likely discovery will work, but not communication with the hubs.

Also note that if you reset the hubs, you have to go back in and re-enable XMPP on the hubs.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I was able to get everything working. For some reason my ASUS router lost the manual IP address for the hub and assigned a new one?

Comment

What is odd is that I thought I had it adjust the IP when it discovered the hub at a new IP (which by default it does daily and at startup).

Comment

Working...
              X