Button to go to specific channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button to go to specific channel?

I was able to get this Harmonyhub PI working well and am successfully building my HSTouch screen. I use an apple tv as my primary way to watch TV. We have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and several other streaming servies. My question is, is it possible to have a button press that will launch say Food network on my Hulu app using AppleTV? Or a button press that will launch the Netflix app from my Apple TV? Thank you.

I'm not sure I can do that level of deep linking. You can set up a string of commands to do it as long as the sequence of commands is the same (think macros). however, doing this is only available via an event, so you would have to set up a virtual device to trigger that event.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I'm not sure I can do that level of deep linking. You can set up a string of commands to do it as long as the sequence of commands is the same (think macros). however, doing this is only available via an event, so you would have to set up a virtual device to trigger that event.
      I was thinking about giving this a shot, I agree, it would have to be the same sequence of commands, so may be less than ideal, as I would have to have it go back out to the main menu each time. I was wonderin if ther was a command name for Netflix or the other services that could be launched. I will keep trying. I appreciate the reply!

Comment

It's likely going to depend on the device you have added to the Harmony Hub. For example, on my Roku devices, every app installed when the device is added has an option in the configuration to launch that app. If you add a new app after initial configuration, you have to force the Harmony to update the list. This allows you to launch a specific app in an activity.

Other streaming devices will likely be different, depending on what they expose on the API to the Harmony Hub. For example, my Fire TV devices don't implement this function.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
          It's likely going to depend on the device you have added to the Harmony Hub. For example, on my Roku devices, every app installed when the device is added has an option in the configuration to launch that app. If you add a new app after initial configuration, you have to force the Harmony to update the list. This allows you to launch a specific app in an activity.

Other streaming devices will likely be different, depending on what they expose on the API to the Harmony Hub. For example, my Fire TV devices don't implement this function.
          Thanks for the info. I will keep digging.

Comment

Working...
          X