Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Examples of using the CX777ES Plugin with DVD Collection Script

Larry,

I'm very excited about your new plug-in to interface our CX777ES DVD player with the DVD Collection script. We've been using the DVD ASP page a lot to look for a movie to watch, but unfortunately, there wasn't an easy way to control the DVD player until now.

Can you provide some additional details how to use your plug-in with the script function within the DVD Setup page?

Thanks,
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Sure, The DVD Collection ASP scripts were already modified by the author (Tom Caldwell) to run CX777ES plugin when movie is selected and button "Watch" is clicked. I will have to check when I get home to verify if any other "ini" settings were required or not. But it works really slick...
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Larry,

I haven't been able to get the DVD Script to load a DVD when I select Watch. Here's the contents of the DVDS.INI file:
      ---------------------------------------------
      [Settings]
      strPath=c:\program files\HomeSeer 2\html\misc\collection.xml
      strSrcImagePath=c:\IMAGES
      strDestImagePath=c:\program files\HomeSeer 2\html\images\dvd
      imageSize=150
      ShowCollectionNumber=Yes
      DisplayAudio=Yes
      allowguestview=Yes
      pageSize=10
      popDVDWidth=740
      popDVDHeight=620
      popDirectorWidth=360
      popDirectorHeight=240
      popActorWidth=360
      popActorHeight=240
      wishsortbyrelease=No
      sortbycollectionnum=No
      allowbreathingroom=Yes
      ;enables event to trigger before playing movie.
      enablemovieevent=No
      ;enter event name to run
      movieeventname=
      ;added ini settings for playing movies
      enablemovieplay=yes
      ;base path for movie files.
      ;the script assumes the movies are in subfolders here
      ;with the folder name the same as the dvd.
      moviepath=
      ;the device name you used when setting up the device in homeseer's ir
      defChgDev=
      useir=no
      usefile=no
      irprepend=ALL
      irappend=Enter
      useiso=
      --------------------------------------------

Was there a particular version of the DVD Scripts that incorporated your plug-in commands? Could you post that version so I can try it out?

Thanks,
      -Todd

HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Todd,

Try adding this to your Dvd.ini file.

;Set this to TRUE if you have the CX777ES plugin installed.
        useCX777ESplug=True

Larry.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

You may already have them. But you need the modified files found in this thread. next to last post i think.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...dvd#post753281
          These have the changes to use slot numbers.

Comment

Tom & Larry,

Thanks for all your help. I think I'm getting closer. I installed the three updated files from the other thread, as well as making sure the new DVDS.INI file had the useCX777ESplug=True statement in.

However, now I get the following error message in the Popup screen that appears when I hit the "Watch" button:

---------------------
            Script error: Class doesn't support Automation: 'hs.plugin(...).StartDVD' hs.plugin("CX777ES").StartDVD(slot) End If

---------------------

Any suggestions? By the way, there are no error messages showing up in the HS log file, and I can control the DVD player using the descrete events that Larry describes in the Welcome thread.
            -Todd

Comment

This is the DVDCollection files I am using, try these files and if they work then maybe Tom or I can figure out what changes didn't make it. We experimented with a couple revs but I assume all the changes were included in the collection scripts.
              Attached Files
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Well, I figured it out. I had to change the term "Slot" to "ID" in the

slot = Server.HTMLEncode(Request.querystring("ID"))

line, since I only use the collection number.

So, the DVD scripts application works perfect, now I got to get back to figuring out how to make it communicate through the GC-100 unit. Could you elaborate on your cat-5 solution?

Thanks again!
                -Todd

Comment

Glad to here that you got it working. It never occured to me that you might be using the collection number instead of slot number. Using the slot number in the profiler allows me to add and sort DVD's at will with out causing sync problems. Anyway hope you enjoy it.

My setup is quite simple actually, from the computer I have a USB-to-Cat5 adapter that was purchased from http://www.kvms.com/products/USB-C5-LC.asp. When I built my house I had every room wired with Cat5 network and phone cabling that terminates in a utility room where my HS Server resides.

The USB-to-Cat5 adapter(1st half) is simply plugged into a available USB port on HS and then the other end of the adapter is patched to the room where the Sony is located. The other end of the Cat5 in the TV room where Sony is located is where a cat5-to-USB adapter(the other half) is changed back into a USB port and that is where I plugged a Edgeport8 into the USB adapter. The Edgeport then provides 8 serial ports http://www.digi.com/products/usb/edgeport.jsp.

Hope this helps.
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                  X