Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CX777ES Plug-in compatibility with the GC-100 Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX777ES Plug-in compatibility with the GC-100 Plugin?

Just curious if I have a bad GC-100 unit or if there's a port configuration issue. The CX777ES plug-in works fine with my Sony DVD player, when I connect it directly to the HS/2 computer (via a null modem cable, serial port 4) and run the various scripts. However, when I try controlling the DVD player through my GC-100 unit, it doesn't work, even though the serial port numbers I've assigned in each plug-in are the same i.e., Serial port 5.

I've tried adjusting the serial port speeds on the GC-100 from 9,600 to 4,800 to 2,400 with no success either!

Any sugguestions?
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

I will have to research this.

I can only test using my setup which is a HS server using a USB->Cat5 dongle which ultimately ends up in my entertainment center where the Cat5->USB dongle is directly connected to a EdgePort-8 USB->Serial where I use the null modem cable straight into the Sony Changer.

I donot have a GC-100 so I am not sure what is going on there.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Larry,

I think I found what's going wrong. When I update the port address in the Setup/Interfaces page, it doesn't seem to update the CX777ES.INI file. The file contents still shows Com=1.

Once I edited the file manually everything works!

Best regards,
      -Todd

HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Thanks,

I will look into why this is happening, or in this case not happening.

Larry.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hello Larry,

Just wanted to let you know how I solved this little problem. Setting the CX777ES plugin port to 5 (in my case) and setting the GC-100 Plugin to port 5, doesn't work. The CX777ES plugin loads before the GC-100 plug-in, so it never sees that there is a virtual port 5 available.

So I went out to Download.com and searched for a serial port redirection program. The cheapest one I found was this one:

http://pcmicro.com/netserial/

It's $90 so, I'm still searching for a cheaper solution, but its free for the first 30 days, so I have some time before having to pull out the credit card. But I have to say that everythings talking to each other, so I'm very happy, and probably more importantly it has a very high WAF!

Great job on the plugin!
          -Todd

Comment

Working...
          X