Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functionality

I realize I'm a late commer yet again.
    I've just bought myself a CX777 with the intent of using it to store/play my CD collection more so than DVDs through HS. I'm a bit disappointed however in this plugin in that apart from queueing up and playing entire disks it's a bit lacking in functionality.
    Is there a later version than that on the updater or is there an alternative other than DIY?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

I am the author of the original CX777ES plug-in and have not upgraded it significantly in quite a long while now...I do not plan any further development past it's current functionality, mainly because I do not have a unit to test with anymore. I am now keeping all my movies and CD's on a media-server utilizing serveral tera-bytes of RAID 5 disk storage.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Rip your CDs...
      Use the CX777ES for movies.

There is no advantage I can think of to play CDs via a changer.

Comment

The "advantage" would be not crashing yet another hard disk and having to rip and reload more than 15000 mp3s.

Comment

When you rip...you should rip to a RAID1 or RAID5 or RAID6 hard drive(s).
          At a minimum, rip to one hard drive, and copy on a regular basis to another as a back up strategy.

15K songs should be around 60 or so gig dependent on what format you rip to.

1T drives are now $100 each. Most motherboards support RAID of some type.

I think you are going to find that changers are "yesterday" and most of the newer software doesn't support changers for music any more.

Changer based Video is still supported due to legalities of ripping, and "more importantly", the much larger storage space they consume, and the less often multizone distribution popularity compared to music.

Comment

Nevertheless, I've located an external program with a command line interface written for the CX777 which can be controlled via scripts and is open source.

Q.E.D.

Comment

Hi wadenut,

can you please tell me the program you found for the command line interface..

Comment

Sure,
                It's called CX777es-v1
                You can get it from sourceforge. Just Google cx777es-v1.

Comment

Working...
                X