Problem with STR-DN850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with STR-DN850

I installed your Sony TV PI and it is working great but can't seem to get the AVR PI to work. Here is the log output

Jul-24 21:12:12 INFO SonyAVR version 3.0.0.7
    Jul-24 21:12:12 INFO Initializing SonyAVR Client
    Jul-24 21:12:13 ERROR System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.45:33336
    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
    at SonyAVR.Net.SonyAVRClient..ctor(String serverAddress, Int32 serverPort)
    at HSPI_SonyAVR.SonyAVRApp.InitSonyAVRClient()

I can ping the receiver at the IP and it is connecting fine to my network. Is it possible I need to set a different port?

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem after switching my STR-DN860 from wifi to Ethernet. I have the MAC address reserved in my DHCP server, so regardless if I use wifi or Ethernet, my Sony will always pull the same IP address... 10.0.251.99 for the wifi interface, 10.0.251.98 for the Ethernet interface, only one interface is active at a time and I've tried switching back and forth. I can reach the web interface of the STR-DN860 and I can successfully ping the IP address from my HomeSeer server. I have updated the plugin with the IP address of whichever interface that I have connected / active at that particular moment.

I can't seem to get the plugin to talk to the receiver anymore. Checked all of the settings on the receiver, they're all good, not like I've changed any of them. The only change that was made was going from wifi to Ethernet. I live in a high-rise building with tons of overlapping wifi networks and I finally got the chance to remodel and pull Ethernet cabling for all of my A/V equipment so I could have better quality of service.

Comment

Working...
    X