Detect state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detect state?

Is it possible to detect when the power on/off state has changed?

As in, start a timer for the kid's TV when it's detected as having been turned on?

The plugin polls the TV every X minutes (X being configurable from the config page) to know the state of the TV, so yes it's possible.

Comment

Good, just under the wire for the sale then, eh?

Comment

It is my understanding that the protocol does broadcast volume, power, and input changes. Maybe only the newer TV's. So, you will want to change that.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
          It is my understanding that the protocol does broadcast volume, power, and input changes. Maybe only the newer TV's. So, you will want to change that.
          Where did you see that?
          The doc I have says the TV sends some "Notify" type messages, but if I remember correctly on my TV those messages are only sent if the plugin sends an Enquiry or Control messages before. Anyway if with your TV the Notify messages are broadcasted on every changes, the plugin should already be able to handle those. If you want to see what messages the TV receives, set the log level to debug.

Comment

There is a NOTIFY message. When notified that is when a change event has occurred. I'll trade you knowledge for a plugin license.. Kidding.... I don't need the plugin, but it would be handy. I'm happy to share the document if you ping me offline. Heck, I am actually more surprised that the doco you have doesn't have this in it. Maybe it is a different document? Sony Simple IP Control Protocol for BRAVIA 2015 Android TV models

2 Type 1 byte 0x43 [C]: Control 0x45 [E]: Enquiry 0x41 [A]: Answer 0x4E [N]: Notify
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
              There is a NOTIFY message. When notified that is when a change event has occurred. I'll trade you knowledge for a plugin license.. Kidding.... I don't need the plugin, but it would be handy. I'm happy to share the document if you ping me offline. Heck, I am actually more surprised that the doco you have doesn't have this in it. Maybe it is a different document? Sony Simple IP Control Protocol for BRAVIA 2015 Android TV models

2 Type 1 byte 0x43 [C]: Control 0x45 [E]: Enquiry 0x41 [A]: Answer 0x4E [N]: Notify
              This is the same document I have, and as I said before it mentions a NOTIFY type message, but from my tests the TV never send it by itself.
              Have you tested the plugin?
              If your TV does send notify messages then the plugin will read them and handle them, and in that case you can disable polling altogether

So, there is nothing to change in the plugin...

Comment

Working...
              X