Unable to Get Remote Control Functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Get Remote Control Functions

I've got two Sony TVs, both the same model except for screen size. Both are controllable through the plug-in, but one does not show the remote control codes in the plug-in. I've checked the TV settings, deleted and re-added the TV in question and the result is the same. Any tips about how to resolve this?

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post
    I've got two Sony TVs, both the same model except for screen size. Both are controllable through the plug-in, but one does not show the remote control codes in the plug-in. I've checked the TV settings, deleted and re-added the TV in question and the result is the same. Any tips about how to resolve this?
    Does this plugin allow multiple instances in the Updater? The reason I ask is if the plugin is IP based then one would assume that the API would lock on one IP unless otherwise stated by the plugin author!

EDIT : Yes you can : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...guide?t=194594

Tip : And always remember to reboot everything!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Yes, you can add multiple instances from the updater by clicking on the plus sign in the initial instance. See screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post
        as stated as the end of the user guide to get the remote control functions for the second instance you have to copy a section of one ini file to the other: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...61#post1124561

Comment

Oops. Sorry. I thought I carefully read the documentation, but obviously missed that. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
          X