No such animal in network settings, on my Sony Google TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such animal in network settings, on my Sony Google TV

ERROR System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.0.221:20060 at

System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at SonyTV.Net.SonyTVClient..ctor(String serverAddress, Int32 serverPort) at HSPI_SonyTV.SonyTVApp.InitSonyTVClient()

MODEL #Internet TV 2012

Are you asking some sort of question here?

Comment

This is the forum for the Sony TV / SPUD plugin, and I stated in my title what the problem is...

Comment

Respectively sir, you have not provided much info other than stating you beleive there should be some network setting on your TV that is causing an error message in HS.

Help us help you. The more info you provide the easier it will be to assist you.

The error messages are complaining that the driver can't connect to IP 10.0.0.221 on port 20060. Is 10.0.0.221 your Sony TV.

What is 10.0.0.221?
        What is not working?
        Was it working and just stopped?
        Has anything been changed?

Comment

the setting is supposed to be:

Settings > Network > Home network setup > IP control > Simple IP control > Enable

If you don't see it, your TV may not be compatible.

Comment

The fact that the target machine actively refused the connection usually means:
            1. Wrong port
            2. Sony TV does not have the option active, therefore it is not listening on that port
            3. Firewall/router/3rd-party-software is interfering somewhere between HS and Sony-TV
            4. Something else.

Fire up a telnet client session otherwise, see if you can connect.

edit: nvm, spud already answered on where to verify #2 item and I need to type faster

Comment

Thanks SPUD, it must not be compatible then.

And drhtmal, of course my IP is 10.0.0.221; why would I try to connect to a different IP than the TV? And I stated THE model of my TV in my first post. This is an older Sony Google TV, and it doesn't appear that it has the option to enable Simple IP in the menu; as I also stated. Thanks, but no thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X