Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    The odd thing is that sometimes, it's working fine....

Nothing in the core network firewall (Sonicwall) or switch logs (Ubiquiti). The port is allowed on the windows firewall for the HS Server and I don't show any IPv6 traffic, but I'll check the settings on the sony just in case.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A SocketException is thrown by the Socket and Dns classes when an error occurs with the network. Most of the time these are connectivity issues due to different IP protocols (IPV4/IPV6) between the two server/computers trying to communicate or extra authentication rules setup on one of the computers for in/out connectivity. Ways to troubleshoot this SocketException are, check you have proper internet connection is there on your machine or not, and you are able to ping the remote server or not. Possible causes for the error:

You are using the wrong IP address.
    You are using the wrong port.
    Firewall blocking the connection.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Ok.... so deleting it didnt fix it either. Ill try disabling tts for the other chromecast devices, and then try disabling each plug-in to try to isolate.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    started a topic Haunted Sony TV Issue

Haunted Sony TV Issue

Hi Spud...

I've got two good ones for you.

I recently installed a Sony A9G77 OLED TV running android. Your plugin works great, but seems to disconnect very regularly.
    Dec-03 11:52:14 PM SonyTV ERROR System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.10.10.192:20060 at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at SonyTV.Net.SonyTVClient..ctor(String serverAddress, Int32 serverPort) at HSPI_SonyTV.SonyTVApp.InitSonyTVClient()
    Dec-03 11:52:12 PM SonyTV INFO Initializing SonyTV Client
    Dec-03 11:52:12 PM SonyTV INFO Shutting down SonyTV Client
    Dec-03 11:49:44 PM SonyTV INFO Initializing SonyTV Client
    Dec-03 11:49:14 PM SonyTV ERROR System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.10.10.192:20060 at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at SonyTV.Net.SonyTVClient..ctor(String serverAddress, Int32 serverPort) at HSPI_SonyTV.SonyTVApp.InitSonyTVClient()
    Dec-03 11:49:12 PM SonyTV INFO Initializing SonyTV Client
    Dec-03 11:49:12 PM SonyTV INFO Shutting down SonyTV Client
    Dec-03 11:35:49 PM SonyTV INFO Initializing SonyTV Client

The other issue is actually kind of hilarious. I also run your Chromecast plugin. The TV runs Android, so whenever a voice announcement was cast, it would turn on the TV. I disabled TTS. No fix. I disabled the Chromecast. No Fix. Finally I deleted it, and that did the trick.

Not sure what can be done about either of these things but there you go.

Cheers.
Working...
X