Works great except for ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works great except for ...

None of the remote buttons work - this is a 2020 Sony X950H. I was intending to use serial control, but the plugin was so easy!
    Any chance it's something I'm doing? All other functions work.

Can you provide some debug logs when try to use the remote buttons?

Comment

Sure - will try to get it done today. Thanks.

Comment

In your PM.

Comment

your logs show the TV returns a success response for each request, so I don't know what's wrong. I tested this again on my TV and it works for me.
          are you trying those commands while the TV is in a specific app: Netflix, youtube, etc... ?
          can you try them while in the Android menu?

Comment

TV is not in an app when I did the test. Currently I have no "TV" channels setup and have never let it scan (no antenna, no cable box). I have been watching Tivo via HDMI-1. The Sony's remote is able to change the Tivo channels plus pause, etc. because I enabled a function (name escapes me) from within Sony TV setup that was able to "find" the Tivo.
            Will try your suggestion later today.

Comment

UPDATE -
              I could not make the remote buttons work at all, within an app, or not. I did a factory reset. On startup / setup it prompted for a firmware update which was allowed.
              After another restart, everything works fine!

Looking back - the firmware update was not available last week when I first received the TV. However, I'm inclined to think the original problem was self induced - caused by my first setup choices. Thanks for another great plug-in! Well worth the cost over the time which would have been required for me to do this via serial.

Comment

Hey spud Do you think there is a chance this would control a Samsung TV for basic functions? If not, can someone recommend an alternate?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Hey spud Do you think there is a chance this would control a Samsung TV for basic functions?
                  I don't think so. The protocol is specific to Sony TVs

Comment

Working...
                  X