Lost Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Devices

My HS3 PC died last night. I installed HS on another PC and restored from an old backup. The plug-in found most of my devices but there were no ir codes. Given the fact that I control multiple devices with each GC unit, this would have been a nightmare to redo. I shut down HS running on the new PC and starting working the old one again.

I went back to the dead PC and reset the CMOS battery and got it back up and running. I felt a lot of relief at this point but when I looked around in the old HS PC I found that the plug-in wasn't seeing any of my devices. They are all discoverable in iHelp and I can see them on the network router.

So, I have the old PC that doesn't see the devices and the new PC that sees them but doesn't have any of the codes. I've disabled the plug-in 100 times. I've restarted HS and the PC multiple times. I've rebooted the router. I uninstalled the plug-in and reinstalled. I don't know what to do at this point. It will take months to redo all of the codes. The devices have been created in HS device management but there are no codes.

I keep getting an error message in the log:

Ethernet connection could not be made to 192.168.1.70:4998 - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.70:4998
    Apr-10 1:04:50 PM Informational DiscoveryBeacon: Global Cache unit GC-100-12 [192.168.1.70] discovered.

Any suggestions?

I am sorry for the late reply. You need to locate the ultragcir3.db from your failed system, then replace the one on your new system after shutting down HomeSeer. When HomeSeer starts back up it should rebuild the devices based on the content of the database.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I just moved on and started to rework all of the devices.

I do have one GC100 device that I can see in the plug-in but the name of the device is different from the name I have given it in device manager in HS. In the device manager in HS it doesn't even have a UltraGC tab at the top. If I delete that device and then add it again should that correct itself?

Comment

Working...
      X