Multiple IR Devices on each GC Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple IR Devices on each GC Device

Was looking to replace the ( now annoyingly not supported ) HomeSeer Global Cache Pro plugin, but have hit a bit of a show-stopper. I've managed to extract the GCIR codes I use from the HomeSeer database, but on importing into UltraGCIR it seems that this plugin is designed so that only a single IR device can be assigned to each IR port, unless I'm very much mistaken. So, each IR port is a single HS3 device, and that's all you can do. That seems very expensive and wasteful!

GCIR doesn't work like that. In effect. each HomeSeer device is a device CONTROLLED BY an IR port, but there can be more than one that uses the same port. I have a HDMI/IR distribution system in the house, and use a single IR port to control many devices. For example, I have Master Bed TV and Master Bed Soundbar controlled by the same port, and all my control scripts etc are designed around that. Obviously you can't have two of the same type of device on the same port, but other than that limitation it works well. Whilst I could in theory just rename the commands to reflect the device they control ( so "Master Bed TV Volume Up" et al ) that isn't exactly user friendly. Is there any way to create separate devices using UltraGCIR in this way?

I ve developed quite a relationship with global cache, installed the Homeseer plugin 10 times now for customer systems . Several of the system's use multiple devices on each port.
    I'd be curious how the upgrade to Ultras pluggin would go. I got really burned by Homeseer's last update to version .59 which trashed the data base on my customers systems.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
    Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Yep, I had that issue with .59 too... went back to the previous version though and it's been fine. My worry is since it's no longer supported, there may come a point where it doesn't work any more ( especially with hs4 supposedly out before the end of the year.)
      ​​​​

Comment

I painstakingly repaired my database , was afraid to revert back. This wasn't my home system, but a customer with lots of ip2cc and ip2ir units.
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
        Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Working...
        X