GC Itech WiFi not connecting to Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Itech WiFi not connecting to Plugin

I just purchased a GC WF2IR device. It is connected to my home network and visible through NetAdmin Pro with an IP of 192.168.123.92. iHelp does not find it unless I provide the IP address. iLearn finds it when I select the technology iTech Learner pull down. However the Plugin is unable to find this device on my network. I did confirm that iHelp was not running and rebooted the WF2IR just to make sure the connection was disabled. Is there anyway to insert the IP address into the Plugin as I did for iHelp? I left the system running for about 5 hours to see if the plugin would eventually find the device. I am assuming the Plugin supports the WiFi devices? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by boblounsbur; January 26, 2020, 05:51 PM. Reason: Wf2IR, Plugin, UltraGCIR, Ultrajones

Please log into your local router to make sure it's not suppressing broadcast packets on the local network.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hello and thanks for your response. I have loaded wireshark on a WiFi computer and on a Wired computer and confirmed that the gratuitous ARPS are both on the wired and wifi side. I loaded your UltraMon3 and it finds the GlobalCache device. But the plugin for this device is unable to find it. I reviewed the settings in the Router (DLink DIR890L) and it has under Settings>Network>Advanced>IPV4 Multicast Streams "Enabled" Also for IPV6. I did disable UPnP. Under Features>Firewall> All features DMZ, SPI (IPV4), Anti-Spoof are disabled. The Application Level Gateway PPTP, IPSec (vpn) RTSP and SIP are all enabled. I tried both turn IPV4 Filtering "OFF" Since I see the ARP on both wifi and wired I am wondering if your PI supports Gratuitous ARP. Global Cache made a change in the device FW to support this function to solve problems with systems not finding the device. My FW revision for this device indicates that It is current at 710-1001-05, 05 being the revision level. Is there a backdoor method for manually entering the IP address of the device, since you provide an IP entry for exclusion of devices, seems there should be a way to brute force inclusion of an IP address.

Comment

No, there isn't a backdoor method to attach the device. It requires UDP broadcasts to work properly. If the Global Cache software isn't finding it, then it's likely an issue with the operating system blocking UDP broadcasts. Have you tried rebooting your computer, then launch HomeSeer to see if you receive any firewall prompts?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
        X